Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sig 1911s (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sig-1911s-39623/)

NGIB 03-11-2011 09:17 AM

Sig 1911s

1 Attachment(s)
I guess it's a natural progression for me as I like Sigs and I like 1911s - I've never owned a Sig 1911 but I will this afternoon. They are different in that they use external extractors but I've heard a lot more good than bad about them. I'm picking up a like new Carry Nitron today which is a steel framed Commander-sized gun with night sights and the features you'd expect in a gun at this price range. One of the things I like about it is that it does not have an ambi safety - which I prefer. The timing is perfect as I'll bring it to the action shoot tomorrow to give it a good checkout. I'm going to shoot my P229 in the event but I intend to put 50 or so rounds through the noob. Here's a pic of the gun I'm getting this afternoon...

Samples.32 03-11-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 462300)
I guess it's a natural progression for me as I like Sigs and I like 1911s - I've never owned a Sig 1911 but I will this afternoon. They are different in that they use external extractors but I've heard a lot more good than bad about them. I'm picking up a like new Carry Nitron today which is a steel framed Commander-sized gun with night sights and the features you'd expect in a gun at this price range. One of the things I like about it is that it does not have an ambi safety - which I prefer. The timing is perfect as I'll bring it to the action shoot tomorrow to give it a good checkout. I'm going to shoot my P229 in the event but I intend to put 50 or so rounds through the noob. Here's a pic of the gun I'm getting this afternoon...

Very nice. We have one quite similar, but it is quite snappy and not very accurate.

Gojubrian 03-11-2011 04:15 PM

Looks good. I'll bet it shoots good too!

Shihan 03-11-2011 04:21 PM

I won't be upset if you send that instead of the Springer.:D

Looks pretty.

oldcoptn46 03-11-2011 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the exact same pistol. It shoots great and have never had a problem. I've put about 500 rounds through it. The only thing I don't like about it are the sights. As you know it has Novak night sights. They are very visible in the dark, however, and maybe it's just my old eyes, I can not see the sights in daylight. At the range I have a very hard time getting a sight picture. I have meprolights on my Kimber and they are visible night and day. I'm thinking about changing them to plain white dots. Would love to hear how you find they look to you after the weekend. Attachment 26241

NGIB 03-11-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samples.32 (Post 462490)
Very nice. We have one quite similar, but it is quite snappy and not very accurate.

A 36 oz all steel 1911 snappy? And a Sig not accurate?

Kind of surprising to hear that...