Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   1911 Forum (
-   -   Sig 1911 tacops (

leam23 07-28-2013 07:00 AM

Sig 1911 tacops
Hey guys its been awhile . Anyone have experience with one of these? I have experienced multiple issues Fail to feed, fail to extract . Sent back to SIG for warranty work . Just wondering if I should look into departing with it or if it is a parts / manufacturing issue that can be resolved. I love the look feel and accuracy of the gun. Thanks

Gatoragn 07-28-2013 11:42 AM

The fail to feed problems could be magazine related, have you tried various magazine brands? Such as, Chip McCormic or Tripp Cobra?

I had a few stove pipes early in my 1911 career, but have not had a true failed to extract.

griffin81 07-28-2013 11:59 AM

I had this problem with a new kimber a few years back. I tried mags but it was no help. It was a bad extractor. I would check it first.

leam23 07-30-2013 05:04 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I have tried all four factory mags that it came with as we'll as two chip McCormick mags. I've stove pipes fail to extract (empty casing still in chamber while still in battery) and also an empty casing stuck in the extractor in lock back ( it was a half lock back .slide stop didn't catch but wasn't in battery and wasn't out of battery) ( still had rounds in the mag) . It has been sent back to sig now but was just trying to diagnose myself to see what I'm gonna be left with