Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sig 1911 nitron/nightmare carry opinions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sig-1911-nitron-nightmare-carry-opinions-76684/)

Jstrong 11-19-2012 02:54 PM

Sig 1911 nitron/nightmare carry opinions?

My 21st birthday is coming up next month and am looking at both of these guns for a
Bday present to myself for a carry gun. I really like the nitron,but am in love with the nightmare. Anybody have either? Any info/opinions on both would be highly appreciated.

Olympus 11-19-2012 03:06 PM

The only difference I know of between the Nitron Carry and the Nightmare Carry is that the Nightmare is bobbed and has a few stainless accents. Functionally, they should be just about the same. Biggest difference will be the bobbed frame. Most prefer a bobbed frame for carry purposes.

Jstrong 11-19-2012 03:47 PM

Yea I know there's not a whole lot of difference between them,just the finish and the bob really, but I do know the nightmare is pretty new to the market so I'm wondering if there's some issues they haven't resolved in their first run of them or if the nightmares good to go. I was looking at a g30sf before I looked at these two,plenty of info on it and is a rock solid CCW. But when I sold my last .45 i afterwards asked myself why i was displeased enough with this high end polymer full size .45 to sell it...

i then had an epiphany and i saw the error of my ways and repented to our firearms father in heaven John Moses Browning,and further promised myself if I ever bought another .45 it would be a 1911.

So needless to say,I really want to make one of these guns happen for me. But an stuck between which one to choose,and with very little differences its kind of a harder choice than anticipated.

drvsafe 11-19-2012 04:31 PM

well, do the differences validate the difference in cost to you? If not, you'll love the Nitron. I love mine.

Jstrong 11-19-2012 04:48 PM

See that's the thing though,the price difference isn't that much,I've found the nightmare for 899 on a couple online dealers,and the nitron the best I could find was about 860 several places. How much did you give for yours? The thing that's really got me confuzzled is that if I went with the nitron for 50-70 dollars cheaper,and find out I really want a bobbed frame,I imagine I'm gonna be in at least 100+ for a gunsmith to bob the nitron.

drvsafe 11-19-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1019920)
See that's the thing though,the price difference isn't that much,I've found the nightmare for 899 on a couple online dealers,and the nitron the best I could find was about 860 several places. How much did you give for yours? The thing that's really got me confuzzled is that if I went with the nitron for 50-70 dollars cheaper,and find out I really want a bobbed frame,I imagine I'm gonna be in at least 100+ for a gunsmith to bob the nitron.

I paid about $750 for my Nitron, it was a TacPac, with 3 magazines and the holster/mag pouch combination. PM me I will give you details where to get it from if you are interested.

canebrake 11-19-2012 06:46 PM

If it's truly to be a carry piece, pick the lighter one!

Olympus 11-19-2012 10:34 PM

I believe the finish on the Nightmare is also nitron so there shouldn't be any difference in finish either. I'd venture to say that the Nightmare is the same gun as the Nitron Carry with just a bobbed frame and MSH. Stainless parts are most likely used on their all stainless guns. A bobbed frame and MSH should not affect function.

drvsafe 11-19-2012 11:05 PM

One thing I know is that the finish on the TacPac is Nitron but the TacPac firearms don't have night sights.