Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Shot my Colt Commander tonight... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/shot-my-colt-commander-tonight-18281/)

feedsasquatch 09-20-2009 02:24 AM

Shot my Colt Commander tonight...
 
2 Attachment(s)
Well, quite simply, it was AWESOME. I took my new Colt Combat Commander to the range tonight, to shoot it for the first time.

At first I was worried. I had a jam every 3rd round for the first 2 mags before I figured out that the problem was my Colt factory magazine. I put in a Kimber tac mag from the range, and the issue was solved. Boy am I glad...

So, enough idle chatter, you want pics. This first picture is my Glock 23 at 7 yards. The second is the Colt Commander at the same distance. It's obvious which gun is more accurate, and dare I say, BETTER!!!!!

feedsasquatch 09-20-2009 02:37 AM

FYI - I've put 600 rounds through my Glock 23 since May, so I'm no "rookie" at it. I just can't shoot consistently well with it 100%, and have 5" groupings, even after having it since May. I'm getting instant 100% 3" groupings my first time with my Colt Commander, and I don't even own another 1911...

Dillinger 09-20-2009 02:38 AM

Daaaaammmmmnnnnnnnnn!!!

And this from a guy who has been carrying and shooting his Glock for awhile now folks.... :eek:

The 1911 is once again proven to be more accurate in the hands of ANY pistol shooter...

Really nice shooting, with the 1911, there 'Squatch. ;)

CA357 09-20-2009 04:08 AM

I'm glad you're happy with it. It's obvious that you'll become even more proficient with it as time goes by.

I've found that I shoot 1911's more accurately than any other handgun. They just feel right and point naturally for me.

Now you're gonna' be spoiled with that Colt and nothing else will feel as good. ;)

NGIB 09-20-2009 09:28 AM

That's the problem with a 1911, it makes everyone a better shooter! Your experience also proves that mags are a weak point with the platform - although I've never had problems with a Colt mag. An investment in quality mags will pay dividends to be sure...

lonyaeger 09-20-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedsasquatch (Post 162320)
Well, quite simply, it was AWESOME. I took my new Colt Combat Commander to the range tonight, to shoot it for the first time.

At first I was worried. I had a jam every 3rd round for the first 2 mags before I figured out that the problem was my Colt factory magazine. I put in a Kimber tac mag from the range, and the issue was solved. Boy am I glad...

So, enough idle chatter, you want pics. This first picture is my Glock 23 at 7 yards. The second is the Colt Commander at the same distance. It's obvious which gun is more accurate, and dare I say, BETTER!!!!!

Good shootin' there, baby.

canebrake 09-20-2009 01:49 PM

feed, welcome to the fraternity brother!

There IS something to the 1911 popularity.

feedsasquatch 09-20-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 162332)
Daaaaammmmmnnnnnnnnn!!!

And this from a guy who has been carrying and shooting his Glock for awhile now folks.... :eek:

The 1911 is once again proven to be more accurate in the hands of ANY pistol shooter...

Really nice shooting, with the 1911, there 'Squatch. ;)

Unless Glock adopts a 1911 style trigger in the near future, I don't think I'll buy another one ever again... My Glock 23 is 100% dependable for everything except accuracy, which is what a gun is needed for.

Give me 4 months with my Colt, we'll see if I can get those groupings down to 1 1/2". I'm also going to start practicing trying to keep 5" groupings at 5 yards rapid fire (3 rounds per second). I love my Colt Combat Commander...

canebrake 09-20-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedsasquatch (Post 162617)
Give me 4 months with my Colt, we'll see if I can get those groupings down to 1 1/2". I'm also going to start practicing trying to keep 5" groupings at 5 yards rapid fire (3 rounds per second). I love my Colt Combat Commander...

I think I'll open a parimutuel window and start takin' bets if you close your groupings down to 1.5 or buy your next 1911 first! (Probably a 5 Government and maybe even a Gold Cup!)

feedsasquatch 09-20-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 162626)
I think I'll open a parimutuel window and start takin' bets if you close your groupings down to 1.5 or buy your next 1911 first! (Probably a 5 Government and maybe even a Gold Cup!)

Actually, I'm thinking about a railed Taurus 1911 to replace my Glock 23...


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.