Sarge's new Dan Wesson CCO
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Sarge's new Dan Wesson CCO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Sarge's new Dan Wesson CCO

Just picked her up yesterday. #34 out of the fabrication facility.
This thing is just flat out high end. The fit and finish is unbelievably tight. I haven't shot her yet, and won't have time to until next week (out of state drill weekend coming up), but I've talked to others who have them, and they tell me they are real tack drivers just like their big brother the CBOB. For those who may not know what the CCO concept is, it's a commander slide on an officers frame. Usually accompanied by a small "bobtail" of the MSH at the butt. It's only about 1/4" or so, but does make the officers grips very comfortable.
Only change I've made from stock is that I switched out the bushings and screws for slims and put on a set of Snakewood slims that I made for her. Other than that, what you see is what you get straight out of the box.
Enjoy,
Sarge

Exotic wood .45 grip maker
www.thefinergrain.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Dang it Sarge! You're making me miss my CBOB something terrible.

Enjoy that bad boy.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Beautiful, Sarge, just beautiful. Looking forward to the range report.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I didn't even know DW made these. About how much do they run? Are they good for concealed carry?

That is one awesome 1911!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge43 View Post
Just picked her up yesterday. #34 out of the fabrication facility.
This thing is just flat out high end. The fit and finish is unbelievably tight. I haven't shot her yet, and won't have time to until next week (out of state drill weekend coming up), but I've talked to others who have them, and they tell me they are real tack drivers just like their big brother the CBOB. For those who may not know what the CCO concept is, it's a commander slide on an officers frame. Usually accompanied by a small "bobtail" of the MSH at the butt. It's only about 1/4" or so, but does make the officers grips very comfortable.
Only change I've made from stock is that I switched out the bushings and screws for slims and put on a set of Snakewood slims that I made for her. Other than that, what you see is what you get straight out of the box.
Enjoy,
Sarge

Now I need to have one. Thanks alot.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Nice looking gun sir.

Those are beautiful grips Sarge. How did you make those? I need some fine show grips like that for my Star 9mm.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

DW just introduced them this year to the lineup.
MSRP on them is just a little over $1,450 if I remember correctly, but street prices seem to be just under $1,300. I carry an officers model in hot weather as I wear fairly fitted light shirts a lot and the shorter frame really helps keep "lumps" down. I think the combination of the officers frame, and the commander slide is going to become a carry regular for me regardless of the season. This weapon is tight but very smooth - it's almost scary when you look at the tolerances they held on these things. Part weapon, part work of art, all functional beauty.
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I didn't even know DW made these. About how much do they run? Are they good for concealed carry?

That is one awesome 1911!

Exotic wood .45 grip maker
www.thefinergrain.com

Old 09-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks Sarge.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #9

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sarge,

Based on these pics, I would send the pistol back. Mainly due to the unsatisfactory appearance of the rear slide face around the ejector area. It looks like typical cast metal pitting and lack of fill in the investment cast slide. It would be a different story if this were a $400 1911, but for the price these people are asking, for me, the quality needs to be a little better than what we see here.

It looks like you already have some surface rust around the trigger guard and mag release screw, as well as at the base of the front strap. Interesting that an unfired brand new "high end" pistol finish would have this already. Coupled with the slightly off center firing pin to firing pin stop fit and the obvious canted extractor fit in the slide, I would have to pass.

I'm not bashing you or your gun. I know you are excited, and to each his own. I'm not drinking the kool aid, however. In the same vain I mean no disrespect. The simple fact is that there are like priced pistols out there that use superior materials and finshes.

If you are satisfied that is all that matters, everything else is just internet noise. I 'm just offering an honest opinion that I wouldn't be happy with this product.

regards,
Steve

Last edited by crockett007; 09-25-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #10

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
Sarge,

Based on these pics, I would send the pistol back. Mainly due to the unsatisfactory appearance of the rear slide face around the ejector area. It looks like typical cast metal pitting and lack of fill in the investment cast slide. It would be a different story if this were a $400 1911, but for the price these people are asking, for me, the quality needs to be a little better than what we see here.

It looks like you already have some surface rust around the trigger guard and mag release screw, as well as at the base of the front strap. Interesting that an unfired brand new "high end" pistol finish would have this already. Coupled with the slightly off center firing pin to firing pin stop fit and the obvious canted extractor fit in the slide, I would have to pass.

I'm not bashing you or your gun. I know you are excited, and to each his own. I'm not drinking the kool aid, however. In the same vain I mean no disrespect. The simple fact is that there are like priced pistols out there that use superior materials and finshes.

If you are satisfied that is all that matters, everything else is just internet noise. I 'm just offering an honest opinion that I wouldn't be happy with this product.

regards,
Steve
Ouch! Zzzzzing!