Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Sarge's new Dan Wesson CCO (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sarges-new-dan-wesson-cco-18477/)

Sarge43 09-24-2009 03:26 PM

Sarge's new Dan Wesson CCO
 
Just picked her up yesterday. #34 out of the fabrication facility.
This thing is just flat out high end. The fit and finish is unbelievably tight. I haven't shot her yet, and won't have time to until next week (out of state drill weekend coming up), but I've talked to others who have them, and they tell me they are real tack drivers just like their big brother the CBOB. For those who may not know what the CCO concept is, it's a commander slide on an officers frame. Usually accompanied by a small "bobtail" of the MSH at the butt. It's only about 1/4" or so, but does make the officers grips very comfortable.
Only change I've made from stock is that I switched out the bushings and screws for slims and put on a set of Snakewood slims that I made for her. Other than that, what you see is what you get straight out of the box.
Enjoy,
Sarge
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...cs/002-102.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/003-93.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/010-66.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/005-86.jpg

CA357 09-24-2009 07:06 PM

Dang it Sarge! You're making me miss my CBOB something terrible.

Enjoy that bad boy. :D

skullcrusher 09-24-2009 07:10 PM

Beautiful, Sarge, just beautiful. Looking forward to the range report. :D

Gojubrian 09-25-2009 12:07 AM

I didn't even know DW made these. About how much do they run? Are they good for concealed carry?

That is one awesome 1911!

lonyaeger 09-25-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge43 (Post 164764)
Just picked her up yesterday. #34 out of the fabrication facility.
This thing is just flat out high end. The fit and finish is unbelievably tight. I haven't shot her yet, and won't have time to until next week (out of state drill weekend coming up), but I've talked to others who have them, and they tell me they are real tack drivers just like their big brother the CBOB. For those who may not know what the CCO concept is, it's a commander slide on an officers frame. Usually accompanied by a small "bobtail" of the MSH at the butt. It's only about 1/4" or so, but does make the officers grips very comfortable.
Only change I've made from stock is that I switched out the bushings and screws for slims and put on a set of Snakewood slims that I made for her. Other than that, what you see is what you get straight out of the box.
Enjoy,
Sarge
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...cs/002-102.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/003-93.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/010-66.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ics/005-86.jpg

Now I need to have one. Thanks alot.

Jo da Plumbr 09-25-2009 12:39 AM

Nice looking gun sir.

Those are beautiful grips Sarge. How did you make those? I need some fine show grips like that for my Star 9mm.:rolleyes:

Sarge43 09-25-2009 12:50 AM

DW just introduced them this year to the lineup.
MSRP on them is just a little over $1,450 if I remember correctly, but street prices seem to be just under $1,300. I carry an officers model in hot weather as I wear fairly fitted light shirts a lot and the shorter frame really helps keep "lumps" down. I think the combination of the officers frame, and the commander slide is going to become a carry regular for me regardless of the season. This weapon is tight but very smooth - it's almost scary when you look at the tolerances they held on these things. Part weapon, part work of art, all functional beauty.
Sarge
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 165048)
I didn't even know DW made these. About how much do they run? Are they good for concealed carry?

That is one awesome 1911!


Gojubrian 09-25-2009 07:18 AM

Thanks Sarge. :)

crockett007 09-25-2009 12:10 PM

Sarge,

Based on these pics, I would send the pistol back. Mainly due to the unsatisfactory appearance of the rear slide face around the ejector area. It looks like typical cast metal pitting and lack of fill in the investment cast slide. It would be a different story if this were a $400 1911, but for the price these people are asking, for me, the quality needs to be a little better than what we see here.

It looks like you already have some surface rust around the trigger guard and mag release screw, as well as at the base of the front strap. Interesting that an unfired brand new "high end" pistol finish would have this already. Coupled with the slightly off center firing pin to firing pin stop fit and the obvious canted extractor fit in the slide, I would have to pass.

I'm not bashing you or your gun. I know you are excited, and to each his own. I'm not drinking the kool aid, however. In the same vain I mean no disrespect. The simple fact is that there are like priced pistols out there that use superior materials and finshes.

If you are satisfied that is all that matters, everything else is just internet noise. I 'm just offering an honest opinion that I wouldn't be happy with this product.

regards,
Steve

lonyaeger 09-25-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett007 (Post 165270)
Sarge,

Based on these pics, I would send the pistol back. Mainly due to the unsatisfactory appearance of the rear slide face around the ejector area. It looks like typical cast metal pitting and lack of fill in the investment cast slide. It would be a different story if this were a $400 1911, but for the price these people are asking, for me, the quality needs to be a little better than what we see here.

It looks like you already have some surface rust around the trigger guard and mag release screw, as well as at the base of the front strap. Interesting that an unfired brand new "high end" pistol finish would have this already. Coupled with the slightly off center firing pin to firing pin stop fit and the obvious canted extractor fit in the slide, I would have to pass.

I'm not bashing you or your gun. I know you are excited, and to each his own. I'm not drinking the kool aid, however. In the same vain I mean no disrespect. The simple fact is that there are like priced pistols out there that use superior materials and finshes.

If you are satisfied that is all that matters, everything else is just internet noise. I 'm just offering an honest opinion that I wouldn't be happy with this product.

regards,
Steve

Ouch! Zzzzzing!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.