Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Safety lock plunger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

Default Safety lock plunger

Ok so my colt series 80 1911 gave me some trouble the other day at the range. I have only fired about 100 rounds through it (it is my safe queen) and went to disassemble it , but the safty lock plunger would not let the slide stop sweep up, to put it back together. It seems the pin was stuck. I was able to unstick it with a small a screwdriver from a nice person at the range, but this has me a bit worried.

Is it because its new? or do I have somthing to worry about?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #2

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A small dab of oil and shoot the snot out of it.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

LOL WILL DO! glad its no biggie. Thank you

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington