Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > SA1911 loaded VS 1911 target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SA1911 loaded VS 1911 target

Hi gentlemen and miss,

What is the exact difference between an SA1911 TARGET VS an SA1911 LOADED... besides the sights.......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #2

Liked 404 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Nothing that I'm aware of...except the sights. But I'm not a Springer man, so maybe someone who knows more about them will chime in.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
Hi gentlemen and miss,

What is the exact difference between an SA1911 TARGET VS an SA1911 LOADED... besides the sights.......
The sights and the name are the only differences.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #4

So.. I paid extra bones on the loaded model because of the sights??

Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Typically the standard Loaded Model is cheaper than the Target. The Target is actually a Loaded Target, and is typically $80-$100 more. Are you sure the target model you saw wasn't the Range Officer? It is typically around the same price or a little below the Loaded.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #6

Ohhh, I think u are correct sir, I was probably thinking the range officer!

Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #7

Well the range officer looks just like the target even with the sights, now I am more confused

Old 10-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
Well the range officer looks just like the target even with the sights, now I am more confused
They are pretty similar. With the Loaded Target, the extra cash goes towards the dovetail front sight, "match grade" trigger, a 2-piece full length guide rod, and it being stainless.

If it were me and I were looking for something with target sights, I would probably pick up the RO. The dovetail front sight on the loaded would be nice, but that can be done later to an RO, there won't be much difference in the triggers and I don't like full length guide rods. There seems to be no discernible difference on accuracy, and they add complexity to the field strip.

Just my opinion.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #9

Ur absolutely right, but the loaded also has 2 piece guide rod and all except the sights, it's just night sights. Front and back. So it's really getting to me between the 3

Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #10

Liked 58 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Springfield's website (under the Loaded Target & RO specs section) also say that both of these guns have a match grade barrel & bushing.

I know that my standard Loaded just has the standard two-piece barrel. If I field strip my gun & take the barrel in my hand and look closely, I can see the ever so light hairline on mine right at the end of the chamber and just before the lugs. This is where the two pieces of my barrel are mated together.

Not sure or saying that one barrel is or is not more accurate than the other (although, I think that in theory the one-piece match grade is reportedly more accurate) but the match grade barrel & bushing is more expensive or would account for the higher cost of the Loaded Target model.

This is also why the RO is really such a good deal. It has some of the upgraded features but really at the same (or sometimes even slightly less) pricepoint as the standard Loaded model. Ultimatly though, I chose the standard Loaded over both of these because I did not want adjustable rear sights.

Thanks,
Bart