SA 1911 NM series? N series? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > SA 1911 NM series? N series?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2895 Times on 1669 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Not necessarily.
I've been in a shop where the clerk had this thing of allowing the slide of a 1911 to slam forward without a round in the chamber (never let the slide slam forward when you are in a store.)
He showed me the display model and demonstrated his move, I immediately asked for one from the back. He brought it out, and again, demonstrated his move. I then asked for another from the back. Frustrated with me, he brought the manager over to find out what "problem" I had. I patiently explained to the manager the clerk's "move" and why it should never be done.

Bottom line, I purchased the third firearm, the clerk got reprimanded, and some guns went on sale at a lower price than originally asked.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5689 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr View Post
Jon, don't get me wrong I was just wanting your reason behind the statement, too meny times people express their"opinions " and pass it off as fact. Got ta love the Internet.
no worries its just my opinion. ive owned kimber 1911 in the past and the quality compaired to my less expensive sa 1911a1 just wasnt there. had issues with it kimber customer service didnt want to fix. it had a hard time feeding hp and fmj. prolly needed a throat job but i wasnt about to sin more money into it.

when i see folks at the range having 1911 problems its usually a kimber.

its a mileage may vary thing. most people love their kimbers and dont have issues. nothing wrong with that.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #13

Wow Dan, that's pretty awesome. How come u should not slam the slide at a store? I never had done it at the store but I wouldnt know if it has been done previously or not. They only had one in stock and that's the one I bought

Old 07-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

On the range and in safe conditions, loading a round, the casing helps to slow down the slide and avoid slamming the sear and hammer. Imagine a car without airbags and what happens to people in an accident. Imagine the shell casing as the airbag.

When shooting a 1911, the slide picks up a casing from the mag. In the store, there is no mag.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 AM   #15

You are super knowledgable sir. Thank you very much for all these infos. I ordered a 3 pack Wilson combat elite mags silver coated, not stai less steel so it cost me a fortune. I am hearing they are top notch quality and u get what u pay for. Is this true regarding the mags?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You can buy a Bentley or a Chevy Truck. The Chevy truck can be (and is) more valuable at some things than the Bentley.

Quality mags are a must. You do get what you pay for most of the time. I personally do not know how silver coating improves the quality, but if they function correctly all the time, you're good to go.

Amendment II:

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #17

Thanks Dan. I hope my expensive mags work well lol!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
N means 50% or more of the finish work was done in the imbrel plant in brazil and will have two made in brazil stamps on the frame. more than 50% done in geneso il its NM. all frames come from brazil. they are some of the finest frames and highly prized as base frames for match grade custom pistols. the steel used by the imbrel plant is extremely high quality.

it doesnt matter if you get a N or NM its a damn fine gun and a close and i mean very close second to colt 1911s.

all guns whether N or NM go through the geneso plant for final finishing.

SA has been doing this since day one quality has never gotten worse or had fluctuations, unlike kimber. they have never claimed 100% made in usa or denied where the frames are created. if you have a SA 1911 you purchased a gun that is easily worth twice what you paid for quality wise.

personally i would take a SA 1911 any day of the week over a ruger sr1911 or anything kimber produces
Nice I just bought a SA 1911 mil-spec this past weekend - good to hear that i did good
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5689 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Nice I just bought a SA 1911 mil-spec this past weekend - good to hear that i did good
i turned my milspec a1 into a dedicated 460 rowland. altho i am severely tempted to two gun OC a bit in november when our conceal carry goes in effect...

late 80s early 90s they used to be harder to get cuz all the custom 45 builders were snapping up the raw frames from the imbrel plant in brazil to build race guns and competition guns due to the quality of the steel and quality of the workmanship.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-26-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #20

So does that mean I did good by purchasing a SA 1911 parkerized loaded.