Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   SA 1911 loaded horrible accuracy?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/sa-1911-loaded-horrible-accuracy-40456/)

SnakeDoctor 03-29-2011 03:00 AM

SA 1911 loaded horrible accuracy??
 
So i recently got a SA 1911 loaded and ive put less than 300 rounds through it and the first range trip was bad i was way low and i figured it was just me the second trip i was much happier 3rd trip bad as in nothing close to center no matter where i aimed always low and left so today the 4th trip i asked the RO if they had something to bench rest with and he asked why so i explained and he asked if i had adjustble sights and it doesnt so he was confused he watched me shoot the 1911 and sure enough low and left and i tried my xd-9 and low left he laughed and said it was me and he asked to shoot it and he shot the 1911 and was like 6 inches low and he bench shot and low left he was dumbfounded and said i should take it to a gun smith but my question is is there anything that can be done by springfield i dont want a gun that wont shoot POA at any distance thats stupid might as well not have sights so can anyone give me some tips sorry for the lengthy post just wonna get everything i can in. Ill post the bench shot target in a minute.

JonM 03-29-2011 03:08 AM

http://www.pointmanspage.com/gallery...serialNumber=3

its prolly both of ya. just resting it on a bench isnt a good test. you would need a machine rest. i am inclined to say its you and him both.

SnakeDoctor 03-29-2011 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the target 7 yds bench rest 3 rounds are from my xd-9 the really low ones are the range officers shot while standing

SnakeDoctor 03-29-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 474948)
http://www.pointmanspage.com/gallery...serialNumber=3

its prolly both of ya. just resting it on a bench isnt a good test. you would need a machine rest. i am inclined to say its you and him both.

Ive heard its could also be the trigger weight is that so? on sunday im taking it back to the range because one of the employees is a competition 1911 shooter so ill see what he has to say but i dont like the trigger pull it goes from rock hard solid to bang

JonM 03-29-2011 03:12 AM

one other thing just cuz he is a RO doesnt mean he knows how to shoot. jerking the trigger is a very common issue and that leads to consistant low left hits. have a buddy load the gun for you while your not looking and at some point he should not load a round so you dont know if its gonna go off or not it will tell ya exactly what your doing in very positive feedback.

SnakeDoctor 03-29-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 474959)
one other thing just cuz he is a RO doesnt mean he knows how to shoot. jerking the trigger is a very common issue and that leads to consistant low left hits. have a buddy load the gun for you while your not looking and at some point he should not load a round so you dont know if its gonna go off or not it will tell ya exactly what your doing in very positive feedback.

that is true i guess ill just have to wait till sunday and have someone who definatley knows what their doing give it a go...its times like these i hate being impatient about things i dont want it to be the gun because at the price its should be POA up to 25 yds just like the manual says

JonM 03-29-2011 03:24 AM

patience young jedi :) i really doubt its the new gun. but if it turns out to be the case springfield will rectify it. they have superb customer support.

JonM 03-29-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor (Post 474956)
Ive heard its could also be the trigger weight is that so? on sunday im taking it back to the range because one of the employees is a competition 1911 shooter so ill see what he has to say but i dont like the trigger pull it goes from rock hard solid to bang

thats what the trigger is supposed to do on a 1911. without touching it myself i would say you got a good one out of the box. no creep is a positive thing. but no trigger weight isnt a factor. my ww2 ithaca 1911A1 has a terribly stiff trigger around 8-9 pounds but its the most accurate handgun i have

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3025/img0442ch.jpg

NGIB 03-29-2011 09:45 AM

While it's not likely, it is possible that it is the gun. My Loaded Longslide also shot quite low out of the box. It has adjustable sights so I had to raise the rear sight a considerable amount to get it shooting to POA. Once I was absolutely certain it was the gun and not me, I filed down the front sight and then I could lower the rear sight to where it should be.

Once you absolutely determine the gun is the culprit, you can indeed send it to Springer OR you can do as I did and file down the front sight and drift the rear sight slightly. This being said, based on your target I'd guess the gun is OK and technique needs some work...

SnakeDoctor 03-29-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 475081)
While it's not likely, it is possible that it is the gun. My Loaded Longslide also shot quite low out of the box. It has adjustable sights so I had to raise the rear sight a considerable amount to get it shooting to POA. Once I was absolutely certain it was the gun and not me, I filed down the front sight and then I could lower the rear sight to where it should be.

Once you absolutely determine the gun is the culprit, you can indeed send it to Springer OR you can do as I did and file down the front sight and drift the rear sight slightly. This being said, based on your target I'd guess the gun is OK and technique needs some work...

i will send it in before i try to wittle away at the sight because its a trijicon night sight so i wouldnt wanna do something bad


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.