S&W1911pc - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > S&W1911pc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

http://www.quanticotactical.com

Sorry, wrong name, but here is a link.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Lol thanks I've been talking to QT about that gun before I ever post this ...... so you must be local from around here then?

Old 12-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #13

I live in North Ga. I wish S&W had the same military type pricing Glock does for those 1911s. They offer their M&Ps at a good price but I've been sweating that 1911 for a while.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Byron, sorry It didn't register in my head that there a few other branches to QT @ GT Distributor other then here in TX... And I thought I'd share this with you as well. Instead of waiting for the PC, I just went ahead and put the E series SW1911TA on lay away. Paid off 70% on the first payment so it'll be mine soon I've had an EFK Fire Dragon match/ported barrel(never fired) sitting around that I just never got around to installing on any of my 1911's and this E series TA will be my first "Rail Gun" so I plan on doing all the "Tacticool" things that I can only do to my composite guns to on this one, so would you recommend starting with the above mentioned barrel? And any other ideas? assuming you like accessorizing them as well.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #15

I'm a beginner in the whole 1911 area. Did GTs have that Smith in stock? The one on Rossville is flooded with Atlanta PD M&P trade in right now, some unfired for less than $350. I read about a lot folks added Wilson Combat this and that to theirs but I'm not that high grade a shooter to need to change the parts out on a entry level 1911 like my Scorpion. Biggest thing I would get would be a light, I hate lasers cause they work both ways but that's a matter of personal preference. I can't remember rather they have night sights either but if they don't I'd do that add on as well. I'm sorry if I couldn't be much help, congrats on your purchase though.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

We'll let me welcome you to the world of 1911's although I'm not that high up that chain but I own 3 other then the E series that have on layaway, I can tell you most people that turn to 1911's don't turn back (some May not admit to it though ) I can see why law enforcement & the military may want the other hi cap firearms, but if you ask me he'll we can do just fine by an extra mags or so. But for CC & home defense well how they are the best kind to have around.

To answer your question yes they had 3 in stock & they do come with night sights (if you get the TA models) All my other 1911's are kept just the way they came I love them for what they are, I just want this one as my pride and joy to go with helping shut some of my buddies mouth at the range before I even pull the trigger, so on this one I'm gonna go all the way with the laser grips and a light. I'm gonna go as far as getting a "Tacticool" impossible to conceal holsters too I'll be sure to post up pictures when I get it for you to see... Keep in touch

Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Oh and I asked about the reason why they don't offer the blue ribbon prices on the 1911's they said S&W does not consider them as LE weapons. I told them not to say that to the Sheriff's around here

Old 12-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #18

The one here in town doesn't carry S&W as a brand. They will sell the trade ins but not in the same manner as they offer Glock. Please do post pics, those are great looking weapons, hopefully one day I'll have one. I just left the range, took a ATI commander size I bought recently out for the first time. Smooth as butter. Trigger needs a little work and maybe a extractor, few rounds hit me on top of the head. But other than that it function pretty well.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #19

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Have the S&W 1911PD which is the scandium frame model. Have had it for 2 years now and it has run flawlessly, shoots great right out of the box and has a nice fit and finish to it. Only con I have personally is the recoil spring weight from the factory, it had the heaviest slide rack of any full sized gun I have ever used. Most likely its due to the light frame and the need to absorb the recoil because it is a smooth running gun. Some purists will knock the external extractor and full length guide rod but if those aren't an issue then the S&W is a fine purchase. The performance center and E series are the upper tiers of the S&W line. The E series bobtail is one sweet looking gun and is on my wish list.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
1911SW Likes This 
Old 12-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That's interesting the one here doesn't do much with Glocks. I post up pics when it all is here along with putting the handgun on layaway I've been looking at some accessories as well

Newest Threads