S/W 1911 PD issues w gun and customer support - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

S/W 1911 PD issues w gun and customer support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado-OPs View Post
. This gun is harder to reassemble than any other 1911 I have ever disassembled/reassembled before. It is trickier and easy to lose a good grip.
ummmm.

Explain-
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
ummmm.

Explain-
Compared to the Springer and Colt models it is more difficult to assemble. For some reason, I kept experiencing difficulty when putting the slide back on the frame. It just wouldn't go back together. I had msyelf, and another range officer trying to put it back together while double checking the owners manual and we both still really had a hard time.
My old S/W5906 was a pain to reassemble also. My Sigs, Glock, Springer, and Bersa are all much easier.
Sorry if this doesn't answer your question very well but I don't know how to explain it better.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Desperado, your story is not an unfamiliar one. One of my officers had field stripped his Glock 22 at the range prior to qualifying and dropped the slide on the concrete floor. Needless to say, hit hit on a rear corner and bent the rail slightly. The officer supposedly took it to a gunsmith who tried to straighten it ( I think he tried to do it himself). Luckily I had the Chief's backing and insisted on inspecting it before he tried to carry it on duty again. The Rocket Scientist cracked the metal when trying to straighten it. I immediately dead lined the pistol and required that it be sent back to Glock. Glock's customer service is great, but their response was the same as S&W's was to you. You dropped it, you broke it, not a warranty problem. If you had been reassembling the weapon over a bench, or table, it would not have happened, so it was not their fault.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #34

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado-OPs View Post
Compared to the Springer and Colt models it is more difficult to assemble. For some reason, I kept experiencing difficulty when putting the slide back on the frame. It just wouldn't go back together. I had msyelf, and another range officer trying to put it back together while double checking the owners manual and we both still really had a hard time.
My old S/W5906 was a pain to reassemble also. My Sigs, Glock, Springer, and Bersa are all much easier.
Sorry if this doesn't answer your question very well but I don't know how to explain it better.
are you keeping your hand off the grip safety? is the barrel lug getting out of line?
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?