Is S.A.M. as dodgy as it sounds? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Is S.A.M. as dodgy as it sounds?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Zhuk, both the CZ 75 and the M&P are good weapons. I owned a CZ 75 for a while and sold it to fund a couple of wheelguns, but I'm going to get a replacement eventually. I currently own a 9mm M&P and I like it quite a lot.

If you're shooting IPSC matches, they'll both work well for the production division. The advantage of the M&P is that it has an even trigger pull on every shot, no need to transition from a heavy DA trigger pull to a lighter SA trigger pull. And if weight is an issue, it certainly is lighter.

I'm not a huge fan of DA/SA myself, in fact I'm going to get the SA version of the CZ 75 (which isn't IPSC legal, for production at least), not the one with the decocker.

Can you try them out? I like the CZ a bit better than the M&P overall, but that's a very personal choice.

Here's my now gone CZ, I miss it...

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Now that is a fine looking weapon, Franciscomv! I'm not surprised you miss it.

Thanks also for the headsup on the DAO/DA-SA angle, I had considered that might be a plus with the M&P

Hey if only I could try out all the ones I'm considering...but alas no that's not possible At least I will be able to try the Smith, since it's 2nd hand (see my previous post). All other new-from-factory guns you can only handle I'm afraid. You don't get to shoot any before you buy...there are no 'rental ranges' in this country.