Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Is S.A.M. as dodgy as it sounds?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

CZ is definately on my 'try-to-get-to-hold-one' list CA

can pick up a Phantom^ (polymer variant of their Tactical model) for $1,259.00. Found another site which has quite a selection of CZs...but no pricing mentioned. Must be 'on application' only lol

I'm going to have to do some travelling to the few gun shops still left out west when this bloody flu gives up it's hold on me

Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I had a CZ 75B 9mm that was an absolutely stellar pistol. I think you'd like it if you can get your hands on one. Good luck and get well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks man. Will look at the 75B for sure...just checked out a few specs and it's all good - 120mm barrel (illegal any shorter here) and a 10-rd mag is spot on as well. Yes you may laugh...handguns are restricted to 10 rounds max which makes competition all the more uh, challenging lol. You spend much of your time reloading...it's not uncommon to go thru 4 mags in a single stage.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm in California and we are limited to 10 round mags as well. However, law enforcement may have high capacity mags.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ahh, can see how 'Kommiefornia' gets its nickname now lol. That must be a bit galling considering the laws in the rest of the country...it's not so much here when you know NO ONE can have anything larger, bar LEOs who carry 18 rnd mags as far as I know.

Hey they outlaw 'black & scary' rifles there too?

Old 08-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

They outlaw "evil features". A rifle can only have certain features to be legal. I'm not a black rifle guy, but in CA, you can't have a flash hider, but you can have a muzzle break. AR type rifles must have fixed mags, or a tool must be used to remove the mag. Hence the invention of "bullet buttons".
Pistol grips can be an evil feature, but a rifle is allowed some evil features, but can't have others. It's convoluted and imbecilic. There's other dumb stuff, but like I say, I'm not into black rifles, so I don't know it all.

We can buy one store owned handgun a month, new or used. Then there is a ten day waiting period before it can be picked up. But you can buy as many privately owned handguns as you want at one time. The ten day waiting period is in effect, but you can pick them all up at the same time.

All firearm purchases require a background check and the ten day waiting period.

Last edited by CA357; 08-24-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
They outlaw "evil features". A rifle can only have certain features to be legal. I'm not a black rifle guy, but in CA, you can't have a flash hider, but you can have a muzzle break. AR type rifles must have fixed mags, or a tool must be used to remove the mag. Hence the invention of "bullet buttons".
Pistol grips can be an evil feature, but a rifle is allowed some evil features, but can't have others. It's convoluted and imbecilic. There's other dumb stuff, but like I say, I'm not into black rifles, so I don't know it all.

We can buy one store owned handgun a month, new or used. Then there is a ten day waiting period before it can be picked up. But you can buy as many privately owned handguns as you want at one time. The ten day waiting period is in effect, but you can pick them all up at the same time.

All firearm purchases require a background check and the ten day waiting period.

Wow. That's quite impressive, from an Australian perspective. You can have semi-autos for a start!

Here you need a "Permit to Acquire" police dept approval form issued which must go to the firearms dealer, he fills it out, it goes back, wait 28 days to find out if you can purchase. And only 1 firearm allowed per permit. I'm sure there is a limit on how many you can amass too. Also a 'Genuine Reason' must be supplied for each application.

As for black & scary...anything that:

Quote:
'could cause unnecessary fear and apprehension in the community, which is why the regulation has been extended to cover these new types of weapons."

Mr Debus said that there was "absolutely no reason" for anyone to own a shotgun that looked like a semi-automatic rifle. "If someone has a legitimate use for a shotgun then it should look like a shotgun and not a military assault weapon used by soldiers," he said.

"We don't want people enticed into buying these firearms when the only reason to own one is for show."'

Military-style guns ban | The Daily Telegraph
One guy in my club said he probably has the only AR stock in the country...which he sweated blood to get imported. I dunno, think he must 'know' someone lol

The gun show I went to had a couple of these; the guy said it took about 18 months to get the parts through Customs to knock them up. All single shot bolt-action, mind

[warning: subversive photos follow]

Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Those are just sweeet!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Indeed they are Goju...but if you look carefully, you'll notice them destroying the fabric of civilisation before your very eyes!

[personally, I'd love to know how exactly those deemed 'black & scary' would "cause unnecessary fear and apprehension in the community". Since they must be hidden away during direct transport to/from a range - no stopping off at the shops in between allowed! - the only persons who could possibly get a chance to view them would be other shooters. But logic was never any politician's strong point ]

Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

That's just downright sad.

Newest Threads