Ruger sr1911 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ruger sr1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Bigbad, It has been a number of years since I owned a .38 Super. I had a wonderful Colt Comander .38 Super and traded it off bad move. It as I recall with hot hand loads was between a .45 ACP and a 9MM. They shoot very flat out to 75 yards.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,922
Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad1911

How does it shoot? I can't wait til I finish paying for it. I'm goin right to the range
It shoots awesome. I'm waiting for my holster from Longballer because I'm going to carry that. I'm shooting better with the Ruger than my GLOCK right now.. The trigger is super sweet and a short pull.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HarryBase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Marlin Man what can you tell me about the SIG .38 Super. Good or Bad?
The sig nightmare, which I own and love, was supposed to be released in .357 sig over a year ago, it has yet to see production though, unfortunately!
__________________
HarryBase is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad1911 View Post
So after a year of searching I finally found the Ruger Sr1911. I've been wanting one since they came out and never was able to find one, I must've called at least 20 shops and none had it. Then I walked into one shop on my way to work and they had it. I asked the price and the guy said 710.00 so I put 300.00 down on it.. Xmas gift to myself..
I'm totally jealous, matter of fact, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
__________________

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBase View Post
The sig nightmare, which I own and love, was supposed to be released in .357 sig over a year ago, it has yet to see production though, unfortunately!
Even more reason to respect Ruger!
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 42
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

I'm totally jealous, matter of fact, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Lol why not
__________________
bigbad1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 42
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Bigbad, It has been a number of years since I owned a .38 Super. I had a wonderful Colt Comander .38 Super and traded it off bad move. It as I recall with hot hand loads was between a .45 ACP and a 9MM. They shoot very flat out to 75 yards.
How Is the knock down power would you say
__________________
bigbad1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad1911 View Post
Lol why not
lol because I hate you.

__________________

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 42
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

lol because I hate you.
U haven't found any where you stay at? The gun stores should be able to order it
__________________
bigbad1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiebelhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Belton,Texas
Posts: 970
Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad1911 View Post
U haven't found any where you stay at? The gun stores should be able to order it
No Sir not yet, I am actively hunting it though.
__________________

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Wiebelhaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger sr1911 Mrsilver45 General Handgun Discussion 14 10-24-2012 12:22 AM
Ruger SR1911 jhowell5900 1911 Forum 33 08-13-2012 06:24 AM
Ruger SR1911 rfwolcott75 1911 Forum 9 06-28-2012 11:08 PM
Ruger SR1911 ZombieKiller83 Range Report 21 09-15-2011 05:43 PM
ruger sr1911 gibson279 1911 Forum 5 07-01-2011 11:10 PM