Ruger 1911? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ruger 1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #21
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7661 Times on 4603 Posts
Likes Given: 9573

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennbee15 View Post
i'm a ruger fan, i've been waiting and waiting for the 1911 to come out. i've even posted on the ruger forums stating my desire for a ruger 1911. so they finally get it and i can't get one. thank you state of california...12 more years till i leave. till then, i'll have to have my dad "pass" one down to me as a gift. (he lives out state)
Why can't you get one in the state of California? What is it about this gun that makes it 'illegal' in Cali?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Why can't you get one in the state of California? What is it about this gun that makes it 'illegal' in Cali?
They require guns with detachable magazines to have a magazine disconnect.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
They require guns with detachable magazines to have a magazine disconnect.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Old 05-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #24

It's not on our unconstitutional "list" of guns we can have. But as I stated I can get it from my father, father/son can give guns to each other from out of state. It's amazing what you have to go through here in commiefornia.

be nice to the man with the gun, you'd be crazy not to.

i will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear.

i'm selling all my handguns. i'm going all in on ar's!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #25

Does anyone else, other than myself, have a "problem" with their investment cast frame? I like their revolvers, even though they are quite thick (heavy). But in a 1911, I am concerned as to how they will hold up to extreme round counts, let alone +P usage.

AFTER I got one of their 380 LCPs, I learned they stated not to use +P rounds in it. There was no mention of this on their web site. So, it is up for sale. Why? The 380 is already a weak cartriage; so, in my mind, a +P is necessary.

If I can not/should not use +P 45s in their 1911 (even using stronger recoil springs/shock buffers), it is just too limiting.

What say you?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #26
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by parinoid54 View Post
Does anyone else, other than myself, have a "problem" with their investment cast frame? I like their revolvers, even though they are quite thick (heavy). But in a 1911, I am concerned as to how they will hold up to extreme round counts, let alone +P usage.

AFTER I got one of their 380 LCPs, I learned they stated not to use +P rounds in it. There was no mention of this on their web site. So, it is up for sale. Why? The 380 is already a weak cartriage; so, in my mind, a +P is necessary.

If I can not/should not use +P 45s in their 1911 (even using stronger recoil springs/shock buffers), it is just too limiting.

What say you?
Has anyone seen any specs yet that say if you can or cannot shoot +P ammo through it? I can't find any info on it.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 05-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:

What say you?
Investment cast isnt neccessarily bad. High perrormance auto engines like you find race cars dragsters etc are investment cast. Its not the proccess that is bad. Its the quality of materials used and the skill of the workers involved in the molding and pouring of metal.

After all even billeted machined parts are made by pouring liquid metal into a mold to form the billet in the first place.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
This is in the manual, which is available on their website. It's your own fault for not doing the research.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Last edited by Mr. Bluesky; 05-06-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
This is in the manual, which is available on their website. It's your own fault for not doing the research.
I have to doubt that few, if any, order a gun's manual before purchasing the gun. Because of the demand for this pistol, there were none in any of my local gun shops to look at; and besides, I can order one from certain sources that are less expensive than the local gun shops.

My fault? Perhaps. But in this case I can only accept a very limited amount of fault. Wolff Springs has a set of higher rated recoil springs which I immediately ordered.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #30

Quote:

What say you?
Copied from the owners manual.It doesn't mention +P but does cover just about every other clasification out there.Judging from wording it sounds like +P is OK.

The SR1911TM pistols are compatible with all factory ammunition of the
correct caliber loaded to U.S. Industry Standards, including high-velocity and
hollow-point loads, loaded in brass, aluminum, or steel cartridge cases. No .45
Auto ammunition manufactured in accordance with NATO, U.S., SAAMI, or CIP
standards is known to be beyond the design limits or known not to function in
these pistols.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.