Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Rock River 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/rock-river-1911-a-37894/)

doose 02-04-2011 01:24 AM

Rock River 1911
 
Does anyone know if Rock River Arms still makes a 1911?? I was thumbing through an old magazine the other day and saw an old ad for a 1911. Does anyone own one of these 1911s???

canebrake 02-04-2011 01:35 AM

Looks like parts only.

Rock River Arms: RRA 1911 Pistol Parts

38SuperFan 02-05-2011 05:03 AM

Unfortunately RRA got out of the 1911 business a couple years ago, which is too bad, because they made a excellent 1911. Your best bet in to check out GunBroker if you'd like to purchase one, there's a NM Hardball on there right now, and others pop up from time to time. I'm fortunate enough to own a couple RRAs, a Basic Limited Match, and their best 1911, the Limited Match.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/...1/RRAX2012.jpg

These two are outstanding, the Limited Match is on par with about any semi custom 1911 you can buy. :)

doose 02-06-2011 04:11 AM

38 super fan,
Yes, RRA makes a very fine 1911. I wish I would have jumped on one only I didn't have the finances at the time. I wonder why they got out of the 1911 business?? Must have been that uber lucrative AR market. Congrats on the RRA 1911s that you have. Please don't sell them.....unless of course its to me:D;) BTW, are they both .45 acp??? Very nice!

38SuperFan 02-06-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doose (Post 438188)
38 super fan,
Yes, RRA makes a very fine 1911. I wish I would have jumped on one only I didn't have the finances at the time. I wonder why they got out of the 1911 business?? Must have been that uber lucrative AR market. Congrats on the RRA 1911s that you have. Please don't sell them.....unless of course its to me:D;) BTW, are they both .45 acp??? Very nice!

Thanks! My Limited Match is actually a 38 Super, and my Basic LM is the conventional 45 ACP. I highly doubt I'll ever sell them. (Sorry :) )

Their supplier's cost of parts really started going up on their 1911s, you may have noticed their 1911 prices substancially increased towards the end of production. I think that, in combination with the fact there was money to be made in the AR game, led to the end of 1911 production.

They're still out there, keep checking out GunBroker, a nice Limited Match sold over there about a month or so ago. I've also seen maybe a half dozen different models sell over there in the past 6 months.

rjgnwdc 02-06-2011 04:45 AM

They always have them at the Nation gun shows here in Virginia, and priced sell

38SuperFan 02-06-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgnwdc (Post 438209)
They always have them at the Nation gun shows here in Virginia, and priced sell

Dang, I need to get over there then. :D

jeepcreep927 02-06-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgnwdc (Post 438209)
They always have them at the Nation gun shows here in Virginia, and priced sell

You sure you're not thinking of "Rock Island"? I haven't seen a ton of Rock Rivers around, much less than one's that are priced to sell. Just curious.

38SuperFan 02-06-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 (Post 438218)
You sure you're not thinking of "Rock Island"? I haven't seen a ton of Rock Rivers around, much less than one's that are priced to sell. Just curious.

I was going to ask that, I've definately heard a lot of people get the two confused.

jeepcreep927 02-06-2011 05:21 AM

If they do have bunches of RRA in .38 Super, I'd race you down there to get one!

I have a S&W Performance Center Doug Koenig model in 38 Super and I haven't touched my .45 since I got the Super. I love that cartridge.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.