Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Rock Island price (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/rock-island-price-37878/)

fireguy 02-03-2011 09:25 PM

Rock Island price

This just came up today on armslist.com. I'm not sure of their quality, performance, value, etc. It sounds like a good deal.

Like New Rock Island 1911 .45 ACP with Crimson Trace Grips (Have Original Grips, the guy says it has only one box of shells through it. $450.00. A steal? About right? Over priced? I've never had a 1911, but want one. Help me out, please.
Thanks.

Dillinger 02-03-2011 09:28 PM

Guess it kind of depends at which model it is, but that seems a little high for a used RIA to me based on prices in this part of the world.

JD

Squirrel_Slayer 02-03-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 436387)
Guess it kind of depends at which model it is, but that seems a little high for a used RIA to me based on prices in this part of the world.

JD

450.00 bucks with Crimson Trace grips high priced?

spittinfire 02-03-2011 09:31 PM

With the grips it's a decent deal....if you want the grips. If not you could unload them and end up with an entry level 1911 for next to nothing.

Dillinger 02-03-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer (Post 436388)
450.00 bucks with Crimson Trace grips high priced?

I don't consider the Crimson Trace any real advantage to be honest. First thing I would do is pull them.

Spitty has a point that you might be able to move them, but you just don't see too many 1911 shooter's with lasers on their guns. You know?

I guess with the Crimson Trace as a "value" it's a good price, but more than I would pay for that particular weapon.

JD

fireguy 02-03-2011 09:38 PM

So the gist of this is that the RI is entry level, maybe like the Keltec of the 1911 world.

I think I might have to wait to find a better one some other time. She who must be obeyed probably won't give me the go-ahead anyway.
Thanks for the advice.

Dillinger 02-03-2011 09:41 PM

Depends on which model he has for sale. Also depends on how many rounds truly went through it and whether or not it has the dummy scratch on it from breakdown. ;)

spittinfire 02-03-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 436393)
I don't consider the Crimson Trace any real advantage to be honest. First thing I would do is pull them.

Spitty has a point that you might be able to move them, but you just don't see too many 1911 shooter's with lasers on their guns. You know?

I guess with the Crimson Trace as a "value" it's a good price, but more than I would pay for that particular weapon.

JD

That's what I said, if you want them. I personally have no use for them and wouldn't consider them adding any value to the deal. If you sell them you won't get anywhere near retail for them...IMO.

ROGER4314 02-03-2011 11:57 PM

Depending on the model number, that sounds like full retail or a bit above retail. They have several models that do exceed that price new. How about updating the info?

I agree with the guys about the accessories. Some of that stuff is like putting turn signals on the pistol.

The RIA brand? It's great! I have three and think the world of them.

Flash

fireguy 02-04-2011 12:06 PM

He doesn't give the model number. I copied and pasted exactly what was in the online ad. I don't know anything about the RI brand and am glad to hear that it is a decent gun. Probably not this one for me, though.