Rock Island Armory - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Rock Island Armory

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dearhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC,South Carolina
Posts: 1,520
Liked 1231 Times on 593 Posts
Likes Given: 186

Default

I would find me another GS for this one is so full of crap!! I have a "match" version RI and use it in competition, I have no FTF. My is deadly accurate. All I did to mine was add Hogue grips. Trigger pull is one of the best.

dscn0574.jpg
__________________
US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings, P2V plane capt.
US Naval Academy (DI) Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) NDW shooting team member and a lot more stuff!
Alway keep your six covered
Dearhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Brought this baby home today. 9 flawless rounds before work, love it. Now I need input on the matching 12ga my lgs has
image-1321655314.jpg  
austin92 is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,573
Liked 329 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

Austin with the loss of some QC that has followed the American made lower cost shotguns over the last couple years I think if the RIA shotguns finish is good, it racks smoothly and has a good trigger then it may make for a solid defence shotgun. Down side is no aftermarket if you deside you want a more rounded shotgun. change of stock or barrel like with a screw in choke or rifled barrel. I would look for a well used beater rem 870, mossy 500 for that. Maybe watch for a well used rough looking model 12 winny for a bit more money. Nothing runs like those old no trigger block model 12's.
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Austin with the loss of some QC that has followed the American made lower cost shotguns over the last couple years I think if the RIA shotguns finish is good, it racks smoothly and has a good trigger then it may make for a solid defence shotgun. Down side is no aftermarket if you deside you want a more rounded shotgun. change of stock or barrel like with a screw in choke or rifled barrel. I would look for a well used beater rem 870, mossy 500 for that. Maybe watch for a well used rough looking model 12 winny for a bit more money. Nothing runs like those old no trigger block model 12's.
Good points all though I'm interested in a ria 12ga simply to match my new 1911 lol. Save the 870 to mod
austin92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Good points all though I'm interested in a ria 12ga simply to match my new 1911 lol. Save the 870 to mod
i know i replied on a couple of threads here a while back that a couple of members here had purchased the RIA pump shotguns, and overall were well pleased with fit finish and function. one even said the slide moved as if on bearings, very smooth. i can't remember the exact pricing, but it didn't seem outrageous. they might be worth checking into.
Axxe55 is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i know i replied on a couple of threads here a while back that a couple of members here had purchased the RIA pump shotguns, and overall were well pleased with fit finish and function. one even said the slide moved as if on bearings, very smooth. i can't remember the exact pricing, but it didn't seem outrageous. they might be worth checking into.
If it's less than an 870 or 500 I'll probably end up picking it up
austin92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
If it's less than an 870 or 500 I'll probably end up picking it up
I think they run less than $250
__________________
If guns are outlawed an outlaw I will be, when you come for mine, bring yours !
Radman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman

I think they run less than $250
Sold lol
austin92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Rock Island Armory CS kytowboater Company Review Forum 3 01-02-2013 07:49 PM
Rock Island Armory .45s? WannaGator 1911 Forum 27 04-06-2012 04:27 AM
rock island armory 1911newbee 1911 Forum 19 12-01-2011 09:17 PM
Springfield Armory or Rock Island Armory? Cryptic Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 13 04-06-2010 06:28 AM



Newest Threads