Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Rock Island Armory (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/rock-island-armory-87699/)

madmikes 03-28-2013 07:34 PM

Rock Island Armory
 
My Gunsmith hates these 1911 RI.Says they are junk.Well I ve been looking and wonder if anyone here has added modifications to any of their RI guns.If I can find one I may buy it.:D

canebrake 03-29-2013 02:03 AM

He's full of s**t. Buy it....any model. (OK, except the 22 TCM Micro Mag/9mm. I guess I haven't shot/fondled every RIA model. http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0532db4e.gif)

Squawk 03-29-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
He's full of s**t. Buy it....any model.

I disagree. I would recommend any 1911 in .45 Auto made by RIA, but my 22 TCM / Micro Mag 9mm is underwhelming and disappointing.

Axxe55 03-29-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmikes (Post 1194452)
My Gunsmith hates these 1911 RI.Says they are junk.Well I ve been looking and wonder if anyone here has added modifications to any of their RI guns.If I can find one I may buy it.:D

he probably hates them because he doesn't get to work on them if they do rarely have a problem and RIA has a great warranty!

buy it. you won't be disappointed in it.

Axxe55 03-29-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1194881)
I disagree. I would recommend any 1911 in .45 Auto made by RIA, but my 22 TCM / Micro Mag 9mm is underwhelming and disappointing.

that could IMO be more a failing in the cartridge not the pistol.

Squawk 03-29-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

that could IMO be more a failing in the cartridge not the pistol.

It's more the fit. I ordered grips that did not fit. The gap near the grip safety/beaver tail is annoying. It is not nearly as nice as it could/should be. IMHO.

Axxe55 03-29-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1194895)
It's more the fit. I ordered grips that did not fit. The gap near the grip safety/beaver tail is annoying. It is not nearly as nice as it could/should be. IMHO.

well that's possible. the one i looked at a couple weeks ago looked really nice. just the idea of a 9mm necked down to a 22 didn't enthuse me. maybe that cartridge in a different platform i might could like it, just not in a 1911.

Squawk 03-29-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

well that's possible. the one i looked at a couple weeks ago looked really nice. just the idea of a 9mm necked down to a 22 didn't enthuse me. maybe that cartridge in a different platform i might could like it, just not in a 1911.

I use it strictly for 9mm. Have not used the 22 TCM barrel or round yet.

Axxe55 03-29-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk (Post 1194902)
I use it strictly for 9mm. Have not used the 22 TCM barrel or round yet.

i would send it back to RIA. i'll just bet they will make it right.

Squawk 03-29-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

i would send it back to RIA. i'll just bet they will make it right.

It's the way the gun is made. Like a Para P14 frame.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.