rock island armory 1911 - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > rock island armory 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by medixboxx View Post
I happen to be an owner of a RIA 1911 commander that jams every round on the empty casing. I have replaced the extractor twice and still have the same problem. My ejector is slightly lose and was bent. The gun smith I took it to told me to throw it away. Been to 2 other gun smiths and still at a loss what is causing the problem. I am using wilson combat mags.
RIA's can be hit and miss at times, but there are a lot of reliable ones out there. What about your springs? And note, any gunsmith that would say "throw it away" is not a educated, reliable nor customer satisfaction oriented gunsmith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightal View Post
You do know RIA pistols are under a lifetime warranty don't you .
This ^^^^.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #72
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by medixboxx View Post
I happen to be an owner of a RIA 1911 commander that jams every round on the empty casing. I have replaced the extractor twice and still have the same problem. My ejector is slightly lose and was bent. The gun smith I took it to told me to throw it away. Been to 2 other gun smiths and still at a loss what is causing the problem. I am using wilson combat mags.
I happen to be the owner of two RIA 1911's, a full size and the compact model. I use the stock magazines and cheap ammo.
Let's see how it does being shot by my 13 year old daughter.

Well, let's see how it does in the hands of an 8 year old.

Yep, piece of garbage. PM me with the info and I will give you my FFL address you can send me that piece of garbage, I will be sure to dispose of it correctly.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #73
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have a RIA Govt. and missed that part in the manuel. I found out on my own that she likes FMJ's. I tried several JHP's. After a while, I got gouges in my lower feed ramp. Polish and FMJ's and no more problems. I'm seeing what works other than FMJ's. I tried Speer's TMJ 185gr. They don't feed reliably in either my RIA or ATI commander. My Win Rangers load, but not cleanly in either. I can hear and feel the hesitations. Maybe FMJ's for both. Well, how big a hole do you want to make?