Road Trip!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Road Trip!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Road Trip!

Gun shops are few & far between here in NW Florida, so on my day off I decided to travel to them & see what they had. I saw a few Colts, Para's, 1 or two S&W's & a lot of Kimbel and Taurus. Only three guns caught my attention and I wanted your opinion on them

1. Para SSP Gun Rights 1911. Slightly used for $749
2. Para Hi-cap Big Hawg 1911. New for $847
3. Charles Daly Used 1911. No markings but it looks like an M-5 Govt but it had either real ivory grips with black markings or fake ones. I couldn't tell. It looked good and was only $449

My favorite was the Big Hawg. That double capacity grip fit perfectly in my hand. It was mostly alloy instead of steel. Would that be a problem? The SSP looked awesome in stainless, but wasn't sure about the price. The Daly was priced nice but that had me worried about why it was so cheap.

Thanks,
Navarre

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here