RIA CS Tactical
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > RIA CS Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default RIA CS Tactical

I traded a witness 9mm for a Rock Island CS tactical officers 3.5" model. It has the bull barrel, low profile sights, and skeleton trigger and hammer.I'll post some pics later on.

First, the good news. I made a really good trade moneywise! The trigger is really nice for a 1911 this cheap! Much better than that Smith I had for about a minute.

Second, the complaints. The safety sticks past the frame and digs into my hand, on and off.

It nose dives hollowpoints on the mag that came with it, kimber mags, and wilson mags too. I oiled, scrubbed, and polished to no avail, it just won't feed them. It hates hollowpoints.

When you rack the slide the hammer follows forward some of the time, but not always.

I know the original owner of this gun and it has less than 200rds down range and I know about break in. I know there is work that can be put into it to make a good shooter out of it, I'm just not willing to do that.

My last thought is I'M SELLING IT!! I should get enough to get an M&P9c or something similar to carry.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

have 3 rocks all above 3.5in i hear that they can be picky

i have seen the light

Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Second, the complaints. The safety sticks past the frame and digs into my hand, on and off.

It nose dives hollowpoints on the mag that came with it, kimber mags, and wilson mags too. I oiled, scrubbed, and polished to no avail, it just won't feed them. It hates hollowpoints.

When you rack the slide the hammer follows forward some of the time, but not always.

I know the original owner of this gun and it has less than 200rds down range and I know about break in. I know there is work that can be put into it to make a good shooter out of it, I'm just not willing to do that.

My last thought is I'M SELLING IT!! I should get enough to get an M&P9c or something similar to carry.
Brian, your RIA is not safe to fire!

That hammer drop could cause a situation on the range. Change out the sear spring. That may increase the trigger pull, but it should stop the hammer follow.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm not planning on firing it.

I've never done more than field strip a 1911. I have no idea how to change the sear spring or anything.

I'll disclose everything and sell it.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

how much do you want for it

i have seen the light

Old 05-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleytxrialover View Post
how much do you want for it
I sold it for $400 yesterday.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Upon closer inspection of the gun I also noticed the grip safety did not go down evenly across. The backstrap was also uneven. They didn't put much effort into assemblying this one, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Another satisfied Rock Island customer.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams