Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   RIA CS Tactical (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ria-cs-tactical-42552/)

Gojubrian 05-16-2011 02:15 PM

RIA CS Tactical

I traded a witness 9mm for a Rock Island CS tactical officers 3.5" model. It has the bull barrel, low profile sights, and skeleton trigger and hammer.I'll post some pics later on.

First, the good news. I made a really good trade moneywise! The trigger is really nice for a 1911 this cheap! Much better than that Smith I had for about a minute.

Second, the complaints. The safety sticks past the frame and digs into my hand, on and off.

It nose dives hollowpoints on the mag that came with it, kimber mags, and wilson mags too. :mad: I oiled, scrubbed, and polished to no avail, it just won't feed them. It hates hollowpoints.

When you rack the slide the hammer follows forward some of the time, but not always.

I know the original owner of this gun and it has less than 200rds down range and I know about break in. I know there is work that can be put into it to make a good shooter out of it, I'm just not willing to do that. :D

My last thought is I'M SELLING IT!! I should get enough to get an M&P9c or something similar to carry.

kyleytxrialover 05-16-2011 02:45 PM

have 3 rocks all above 3.5in i hear that they can be picky

danf_fl 05-16-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 505341)
Second, the complaints. The safety sticks past the frame and digs into my hand, on and off.

It nose dives hollowpoints on the mag that came with it, kimber mags, and wilson mags too. :mad: I oiled, scrubbed, and polished to no avail, it just won't feed them. It hates hollowpoints.

When you rack the slide the hammer follows forward some of the time, but not always.

I know the original owner of this gun and it has less than 200rds down range and I know about break in. I know there is work that can be put into it to make a good shooter out of it, I'm just not willing to do that. :D

My last thought is I'M SELLING IT!! I should get enough to get an M&P9c or something similar to carry.

Brian, your RIA is not safe to fire!

That hammer drop could cause a situation on the range. Change out the sear spring. That may increase the trigger pull, but it should stop the hammer follow.

Gojubrian 05-16-2011 04:55 PM

I'm not planning on firing it.

I've never done more than field strip a 1911. I have no idea how to change the sear spring or anything.

I'll disclose everything and sell it. :(

kyleytxrialover 05-18-2011 10:04 AM

how much do you want for it

Gojubrian 05-18-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleytxrialover (Post 506557)
how much do you want for it

I sold it for $400 yesterday. :)

Gojubrian 05-18-2011 02:06 PM

Upon closer inspection of the gun I also noticed the grip safety did not go down evenly across. The backstrap was also uneven. They didn't put much effort into assemblying this one, but I guess you get what you pay for. :cool:

CA357 05-18-2011 05:08 PM

Another satisfied Rock Island customer. :rolleyes: