"RIA" compact, first 200 rounds
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > "RIA" compact, first 200 rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Default "RIA" compact, first 200 rounds

I took 100 rounds of CCI fmj and 100 rounds of bulk Winchester fmj out back and proceeded to burn them up. I would like to say everything was perfect but that's not what happened. The Blazers ran fine but the Winchesters gave me FTEs and FTFs on a regular basis. We unloaded my friends Citadel mags and used them with 100% success. Both pistols are ARMSCOR with different brand names but I only got one mag and it had a tighter bend on the lips than either one of his. I have 3 Wilsons coming and will repeat my little test with a cleaned gun and those mags, probably should have waited they will be here tomorrow but what's a Monday off without gunfire? BTW we set up a gallon jug at 50 yards as a hoot and two blind old me put a fair number of holes in it, as long as the mag problems get solved this little cheapie is a keeper it is much more pleasant to shoot than my G27.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.

Axxe55 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post
I took 100 rounds of CCI fmj and 100 rounds of bulk Winchester fmj out back and proceeded to burn them up. I would like to say everything was perfect but that's not what happened. The Blazers ran fine but the Winchesters gave me FTEs and FTFs on a regular basis. We unloaded my friends Citadel mags and used them with 100% success. Both pistols are ARMSCOR with different brand names but I only got one mag and it had a tighter bend on the lips than either one of his. I have 3 Wilsons coming and will repeat my little test with a cleaned gun and those mags, probably should have waited they will be here tomorrow but what's a Monday off without gunfire? BTW we set up a gallon jug at 50 yards as a hoot and two blind old me put a fair number of holes in it, as long as the mag problems get solved this little cheapie is a keeper it is much more pleasant to shoot than my G27.
it seems that sometimes the magazines supplied with the lesser expensive 1911's are one area where they tend to cheap out. IMO, this isn't a big issue since most are going to buy more magazines anyways.

i pretty much buy either the Wilson Combats or the Chip McCormack Shooting Star magazines to use in my 1911's. the Tripp Research magazines get lots of good reviews as well from those who use them.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #3

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

+1 on chip McCormick. I had a RIA compact at one point and the thing would not feed with stock mag. Also remember 1911s generally require a break-in period that differs from gun to gun. I personally didn't like mine but they are fine handguns if you treat them right (cleaned etc.)

Old 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #4

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

I have a couple of Mecgar mags that came with my Citadel. I use them in my Ruger. I have had no trouble from them at all. I also have a couple of Chips and the Ruger mags. The Rugers only hold 7 though.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #5

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Im getting particular in my old age. I work for Hytrol Conveyor in Jonesboro AR. and Wilson is in Berryville so I coughed up the extra bucks and got them. Have CMC Powermags and they work great in my full size but us rednecks gotta keep each other working.

If I write a post and it sounds like I'm trying to tell you what's best for you, it's because I write like crap.