RIA 22 TCM, what do you think of it?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > RIA 22 TCM, what do you think of it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Default RIA 22 TCM, what do you think of it?

I have been admiring a RIA 22 TCM. I have a 1911 and I have a FN 5.7 and I think this pistol is a combination of both. I am a sucker for round capacity and light recoil since I believe shot placement is greater than caliber of the round hitting the target. I also think the speeds in which these rounds strike their target is also a prime factor. Just wondering what you guys thought of it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I have reservations about purchasing a firearm that does not have ammo readily available at WallyWorld.

I do have a couple of guns that I have to scrounge ammo for, but my search is nothing compared to the .22TCM

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #3

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If you are a low volume shooter and depend on Walmart ammo this is not for you. This is a high performance round and is intended for the advanced hand loader. The brass can be made from .223 Remington and the .224 cast bullets can be pushed up to 1,800 FPS with no leading. Pick-up .223 brass left at the range and some WW lead you can reload this round for pennies.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #4

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
.... Just wondering what you guys thought of it?
I was thinking I want one too.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #5

Well my local gun store that has this 22 tcm also has an abundance of the ammo as well. They also have quite a bit of 5.7X28mm. I also went to Gander Mountain and they have both as well which is unusual for 5.7X28mm. Both of these stores are closer to me than my local Walmart. I try to keep a reserve of a 1000 Rds and replace as I shoot it. I am not a reloader so I do depend on my stores for my ammo needs so as long as they do not discontinue the ammo I'll be alright. The pistol also comes with a 9 mm barrel and recoil spring to shoot that round which is more readily available.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the TCM 9MM.-TCM combo. it is a fine pistol, if you like fun shooting just try one, you will be hooked. I am going reload the brass.
If you get one, save the brass for me, i bought a case of TCM .i am still shooting it.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #7

This is the second part of my dilemma, I can't exactly buy the TCM out right so I was thinking about selling the Five-seveN to buy the more versatile TCM. I know the Five-seveN is more pricey but I won't have to come out of pocket at all for the tcm, I may even be able to walk away with a few boxes of ammo. I have a blackhawk holster 2 (30) round magazines plus 2 additional (20) round magazines in addition to the 3 that came with the pistol. I also have about 500 Rds of ammo. All in all I'd say it's easily $1,300 to 1,500 package depending on ammo prices. Or should I just save my nickels and dimes until I can afford a TCM.