Review of new Robar Kimber, passed down from J.D.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Review of new Robar Kimber, passed down from J.D.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Review of new Robar Kimber, passed down from J.D.

I received my new to me Kimber custom target 2 last week. It's been coated with Roguard from Robar and the internals are done in Np3 from them as well. For those of you who milled around thinking about getting this, YOU MISSED OUT! You might recall the thread:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f41/wts-kimber-custom-target-ii-33965/ , the pictures do not do it justice.

I absolutely LOVE the finish, the texture and the color are awesome. There is not a single wear mark on this gun. I don't think there ever will be either.

I put a couple hundred rounds through it and just wiped the residue off with a rag, it was good as new! I took it apart and the inside was a breeze to clean as well.

I am thoroughly impressed with this pistol in and out. J.D. was a great guy to deal with as well. He stayed on top of things and got it to me asap.

This one's a keeper!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
This one's a keeper!!!
Time will tell as I've said this myself before...

Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I received my new to me Kimber custom target 2 last week. It's been coated with Roguard from Robar and the internals are done in Np3 from them as well. For those of you who milled around thinking about getting this, YOU MISSED OUT! You might recall the thread:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f41/wts-kimber-custom-target-ii-33965/ , the pictures do not do it justice.

I absolutely LOVE the finish, the texture and the color are awesome. There is not a single wear mark on this gun. I don't think there ever will be either.

I put a couple hundred rounds through it and just wiped the residue off with a rag, it was good as new! I took it apart and the inside was a breeze to clean as well.

I am thoroughly impressed with this pistol in and out. J.D. was a great guy to deal with as well. He stayed on top of things and got it to me asap.

This one's a keeper!!!
The Karma of JD spreads yet again...nice gun, best of luck with it...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cool beans.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #5

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Congratulations Brian, that was a really sweet looking pistol when JD had. Happy to hear it still is and has found a loving home

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #6

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Yep, I was one of those "couple of people." Turns out I didn't have the scratch at the time, but JD is such a fair, stand-up chap that I know I missed out. Congratulations on his Kimber safe queen!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Yep, I was one of those "couple of people." Turns out I didn't have the scratch at the time, but JD is such a fair, stand-up chap that I know I missed out. Congratulations on his Kimber safe queen!
Yes he is.

It won't be a safe queen for me.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What's the latest Brian? Any holster checking? How's the trigger treating you on range day?

Most happy that you are pleased with it after all the shipping hassle.

JD

Old 12-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
What's the latest Brian? Any holster checking? How's the trigger treating you on range day?

Most happy that you are pleased with it after all the shipping hassle.

JD
Nah, the shipping thing wasn't anything you could have helped. The dealers needed to communicate better, but it all worked out well.

I'm on the hunt for a good holster. I'm looking for a good owb holster. It'll have to wait until after christmas though.

The trigger is amazing, but it's better than I'm use to. It likes to double tap before I do. It'll all be better with more trigger time. I'm hoping to get to the range again this weekend.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Very glad to hear that. The trigger is definitely tuned for street carry, not much take up and a quick reset. With some practice, especially dry fire, you will get used it and I bet your groups will improve.

If you are in the market for a good OWB holster, I love the Galco leather with the FBI (forward) cant to it. That pistol rode in one of those for years on a regular basis.