Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Review of handmade IWB holster from Longballer71 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/review-handmade-iwb-holster-longballer71-68068/)

MrWray 07-11-2012 07:38 PM

Review of handmade IWB holster from Longballer71

4 Attachment(s)
I just received my IWB holster from Dave "Longballer71" and i would be lying if i said that i wasnt impressed, this holster is awesome. When i took it out of the box i immediately got that "new leather" smell, which is a plus because i love that smell. The feel of the leather is great, you can really tell the quality of the leather that he uses. The stitching is solid and you can tell the nice detail in the lines. The fit of the gun is nice and snug, but not overly tight where you have problems unholstering,it has really nice retention. When i put the holster on it was immediately comfortable and it fit my waist like a glove. When i sit down it stays in place like its supposed to and it doesnt ride up or poke you anywhere,making it even more comfortable for a long day of carrying.I am 5'8 and 160lbs and this holster does not print one single bit,even on my smaller frame,even from the side you cant tell that im carrying "and this is with shorts and a T shirt".

Attachment 51195

Attachment 51196

Attachment 51197

Attachment 51198

The craftsmanship of this holster is awesome and i do not have one single complaint. Anyone wanting a nice leather holster whether its OWB or IWB will not be disappointed, Daves work is amazing.

HOSSFLY 07-11-2012 09:34 PM

Another great straight to the point review Wray:)
It do ooze quality in looks for sure ---
Me 'n Dave are dickerin on a project ourselves :D

ellwood45c 07-11-2012 10:54 PM

Awesome holster looks great , congrats

MrWray 07-11-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Another great straight to the point review Wray:)
It do ooze quality in looks for sure ---
Me 'n Dave are dickerin on a project ourselves :D

Thank ya Hoss, im sure that what your getting from Dave is top notch.

Axxe55 07-11-2012 11:31 PM

Longballer71 (Dave) is venturing into holsters too, along with the grips. the holster looks great. good review there Shawn. can't even tell you have a FS 1911 on your side there! nice work there Dave.

HOSSFLY 07-11-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 866873)
Longballer71 (Dave) is venturing into holsters too, along with the grips. the holster looks great. good review there Shawn. can't even tell you have a FS 1911 on your side there! nice work there Dave.

Ya know Axxe- I thought Wray wud be ----Well----Bigger :p

LongBaller71 07-12-2012 03:19 AM

Thank you, Wray!! I really appreciate all your feedback and for being a guinea pig. Having someone out there willing to give me a thorough review and an honest opinion really means a lot. (especially since you didn't say it sucked!) LoL!

I was nervous as hell since it left for the post office. So glad it met expectations. A huge sigh of relief! I'm having a lot of fun with this, but I do take it pretty seriously. As Wray can attest, my biggest fear was having something out there that the owner couldn't count on.

I'm still learning and trying to improve with every one I make. I'm tweaking the designs on three or four models right now. I'd like to have those staples that I can make the right way every time and also be able to make them quickly. Then I can use those for the 1911 platform and others can follow along. Have to leave room and time for the oddball customs a prototypes too. Who's idea was this "hobby" again?!? LoL!!

HOSS - think yours will be done tmrw. :-)

canebrake 07-12-2012 10:00 PM

LongBaller71, nice work!

I may need to talk to you about a IWB home for my Commander.

LongBaller71 07-13-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 867894)
LongBaller71, nice work!

I may need to talk to you about a IWB home for my Commander.

Thank you, Cane! It would be an honor. Anytime you like; we can talk turkey.

roughneck266 07-13-2012 12:52 AM

That looks awesome. When you have the time I woudl like to talk to you about doing an IWB for a 3" Kimber too.