Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   In Response to the "kimber-a-holics" thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/response-kimber-holics-thread-49111/)

danf_fl 10-01-2011 07:30 PM

In Response to the "kimber-a-holics" thread

I love my Springer. In fact , I am a Springer-A-Holic......
Lets hear it from all you Springer lovers and post some pics of your 1911 Springer Join up Springer-A-Holics

(This is really posted just for the fun of it and not meant to belittle Kimbers)

(Yeah right!) :)

EMTchad 10-02-2011 07:43 AM

SPRINGER RULES! love my 1911 loaded. ZERO FAILS during 500 round break in period!

spittinfire 10-02-2011 12:28 PM

Whatever, dan....you know you're just trying to stir the pot.

HOSSFLY 10-02-2011 01:23 PM

A Springer a day keeps the Kimbers away :p :p

spittinfire 10-02-2011 01:39 PM

And this pissing contest has begun!!!! Glad I could help guys.

Do we need another thread for those of us who own both or would own both?

eborden1122 10-02-2011 05:07 PM

I own all types of 1911's. The only make I have not picked up yet is a Springer. So it is next on my list. Maybe my friends on here can help. I am looking for a SA 1911 that i can use to carry. 3 to 3.5 inch barrell would be ideal. It can be a 9mm or 45acp. With a budget of around $800. If you know of any models that fit my description I would really appreciate your help. Thanks everyone, Ed

Hollander 10-02-2011 06:03 PM

eBorden - Springer Ultra Compact Stainless Steel = 3.5 inch barrel. Got mine for less than $700. Great gun - at least I love mine but do not carry it. Also have two EMP's which I do carry in the cooler months. Love the 9mm and can handle the .40. All three of the above mentioned are more accurate than I can ever hope for. Also, Springer customer service is fabulous since I did have some extractor issues but everything was taken care of efficiently and quickly.

eborden1122 10-02-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollander (Post 591326)
eBorden - Springer Ultra Compact Stainless Steel = 3.5 inch barrel. Got mine for less than $700. Great gun - at least I love mine but do not carry it. Also have two EMP's which I do carry in the cooler months. Love the 9mm and can handle the .40. All three of the above mentioned are more accurate than I can ever hope for. Also, Springer customer service is fabulous since I did have some extractor issues but everything was taken care of efficiently and quickly.

Hey Hollander, Thanks bro. i like the sound of the "super ultra compact stainless". Can i ask why you dont use it as a carry piece. Now i know the EMP is a heck of a pistol. Is that the reason or is ultra compact not reliable. Thank you for helping. Ed

danf_fl 10-02-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 591184)
And this pissing contest has begun!!!! Glad I could help guys.

Do we need another thread for those of us who own both or would own both?

Preposterous! Blasphemy!

(but I thought it would make for a good discussion.) :)

Hollander 10-04-2011 03:44 PM

eBorden - I do not carry the Ultra Compact since most of the weather in Georgia is warm and I carry the Kahr MK40. As I stated earlier, when it gets cooler I carry the EMP 9 or 40 due to the fact I carry owb and the half inch makes a difference and also, I do not have a holster for the ultra compact. I may trade the EMP 40 and purchase the Springer Micro Compact Loaded 45. It weighs only 26 oz, fits in my EMP holster, and the 45 is a little easier to shoot than the 40 EMP - also weighs 33 oz and the extra weight is noticeable to an old man like me. The Ultra Compact is the night stand gun and also gets shot at the range since it was my first 45 and is down right fun to shoot. Most of the bullets seem to go through the same hole - "I hate that when that happens" lol. Sorry for the long answer to a short question.