Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > REPORT IN!!! Who's in the 1911 club?

View Poll Results: Who's in the 1911 fraternity?
YES! I am part of the 1911 fraternity. 54 84.38%
NO! but I want to join. 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #51
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Now that I've read around some (not all of the threads) and saw the different opinons, Wish that I had gotten a 1911 instead of the S&W 459. Just have to wait till I can save up the money and the BETTER HALF will agree. Doesn't argue about CC buying ammo or shooting. Glad of that.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert NC View Post
Now that I've read around some (not all of the threads) and saw the different opinons, Wish that I had gotten a 1911 instead of the S&W 459. Just have to wait till I can save up the money and the BETTER HALF will agree. Doesn't argue about CC buying ammo or shooting. Glad of that.
Sounds like my wife, she doesn't mind me adding to my gun collection, buying ammo or reloading supplies as long as I'm not spending the rent money. She has gotten used to me carrying but still doesn't like it in church for some reason. In my mind a church is a prime target.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #53

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Sounds like my wife, she doesn't mind me adding to my gun collection, buying ammo or reloading supplies as long as I'm not spending the rent money. She has gotten used to me carrying but still doesn't like it in church for some reason. In my mind a church is a prime target.
Question, in some states (TX is one I think, if I read their website correctly) it isn't permitted to carry concealed firearms in "places of worship." What are the penalties for doing so in those states normally?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
Question, in some states (TX is one I think, if I read their website correctly) it isn't permitted to carry concealed firearms in "places of worship." What are the penalties for doing so in those states normally?
Don't know, I don't live in TX. Here in NC there is something about not carrying where people have gathered or some really gray wording. My understand is that it's for parades and such so I went to local Sheriff's office and asked. I was told that carrying in churches was allowed. I later found out that at a friend's church they had members that acted as security. All of these members took classes in security and had CCP and carried concealed. Now that the wife and I have moved and we are visiting churches I feel a great need to carry there. There are a couple of members here from TX that might be able to answer your question.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #55

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Don't know, I don't live in TX. Here in NC there is something about not carrying where people have gathered or some really gray wording. My understand is that it's for parades and such so I went to local Sheriff's office and asked. I was told that carrying in churches was allowed. I later found out that at a friend's church they had members that acted as security. All of these members took classes in security and had CCP and carried concealed. Now that the wife and I have moved and we are visiting churches I feel a great need to carry there. There are a couple of members here from TX that might be able to answer your question.
I'll post a thread somewhere else and ask. That would be good for me to know, as I frequently visit relatives in Texas...

Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #56
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Colt 1911 owner here.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #57

Quote:
Hey Spit,
Congrats on your recent 1911 purchase; you guys are making me dig a little deeper into learning about these animals. Anyway, carrying at a church is fine here in NC unless there is a daycare or school on the church grounds. All of the pastoral security and sheep dogs that carry where I worship at are all illegal, but hey as long as they can stop someone from coming in there blasting me and my family I'm cool with it. I just hope the po-po don't find out.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdadee View Post
Hey Spit,
Congrats on your recent 1911 purchase; you guys are making me dig a little deeper into learning about these animals. Anyway, carrying at a church is fine here in NC unless there is a daycare or school on the church grounds. All of the pastoral security and sheep dogs that carry where I worship at are all illegal, but hey as long as they can stop someone from coming in there blasting me and my family I'm cool with it. I just hope the po-po don't find out.
I may have to look into this some more as many churches around here are also schools.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #59

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
I'll post a thread somewhere else and ask. That would be good for me to know, as I frequently visit relatives in Texas...
I live in Texas, have my Texas CHL, and there is no law that prohibits you from carrying a concealed handgun in church. Just pray with one eye open.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #60

Dan Wesson CBOB, Springfield Black stainless and Para 7.45 CCO.