Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Replacement grips for CC (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/replacement-grips-cc-101736/)

Squawk 12-18-2013 10:42 PM

Replacement grips for CC

I recently acquired a Loaded Champion for EDC. I love everything about the gun except for the grips. They are great for shooting. Not so much for IWB CC. They tend to run my fat roll and can be quite painful.

I'm looking for suggestions for replacement grips that are comfortable for carry, but don't sacrifice too much grip. Any advice is appreciated.

magnumman 12-18-2013 11:34 PM

I find the basic checkered wood grips to be the best. They keep the profile thin and still give you something to hold on to. They also do not snag clothing like rubber grips.

MisterMcCool 12-18-2013 11:41 PM

If they are rubbing and chafing, you better find something smooth. Are you a pearl fan?

wittmeba 12-19-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squawk
...Not so much for IWB CC. They tend to run my fat roll and can be quite painful.

Lose your fat roll! :)

sorry...I couldn't resist. :D

SSGN_Doc 12-19-2013 12:40 AM

Try one of the holsters like a Crossbreed, that puts some material between you and the grip. VZ grips are very grippy. My Springfield had old Pachmayer grips though.

Squawk 12-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wittmeba (Post 1462175)
Lose your fat roll! :)

sorry...I couldn't resist. :D

If it were only that easy

Squawk 12-19-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1462104)
If they are rubbing and chafing, you better find something smooth. Are you a pearl fan?

They don't really rub or chaff. Every once in a while they'll scrape or grab my skin. So something a little smoother is all I'm looking for.

Squawk 12-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1462182)
Try one of the holsters like a Crossbreed, that puts some material between you and the grip. VZ grips are very grippy. My Springfield had old Pachmayer grips though.

I like the holster I have it in. Really small and compact. Just need slightly smoother grips.

kusterleXD 12-20-2013 03:17 PM

Check out the Skingripz Operator or Tac II grips on eBay. They are $29.00 and have free shipping.

Brad_CCW 12-20-2013 05:10 PM

You need to try a holster from N82Tactical.com. I know you said you like your holster but these are great. Very comfortable, good price, no part of the gun touches the skin, which is good when your gun gets hot or cold in the car too.

If you really want grips, checkered wood grips are fairly comfortable, and there are many less aggressive textures you can buy in wood or G10. Check out VZ Grips, Larry Davidson, Esmeralda, Hogue. But none o these are as comfortable as the suede backing on the N82 holsters.

FYI: I usually do buy grips for my guns but it's more for looks than comfort.