Remington 1911R1 Anyone see this? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Remington 1911R1 Anyone see this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 1911 R1 Quality

I had a pre-order for one and drove up to the dealer in Spokane (130 miles). The attention to quality was a total disappointment. The firearm that was shipped looked as though the front strap was finished with a peening hammer, the slide had a highly visible gouge in the metal under the finish, and the metal on the frame near the slide stop looked as though it was erupting. Other than that, it shoots well and is headed back to the factory. First and last time I pre-order a Remington product

Old 06-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertk199354 View Post
I had a pre-order for one and drove up to the dealer in Spokane (130 miles). The attention to quality was a total disappointment. The firearm that was shipped looked as though the front strap was finished with a peening hammer, the slide had a highly visible gouge in the metal under the finish, and the metal on the frame near the slide stop looked as though it was erupting. Other than that, it shoots well and is headed back to the factory. First and last time I pre-order a Remington product
If it was in that bad of shape, I would have refused it.
Honestly, I wouldn't of trusted the integrity of the gun enough to shoot it if it arrived in that poor of shape. Hope you get everything resolved.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #73

Thank you for your assessment. The deficiencies I described are all cosmetic. The firearm will be on its way to the factory Monday morning for inspection, repair, or replacement.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good luck. Personally, I wouldn't have accepted it, disappointed as I might have been. I would have had it sent back to the factory immediately and directly from the shop.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey cane, where's the range report?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #76

Default Good thing this is America

as I got to choose between a potential loss of the down payment (as the dealer was not responsible for the factory QC on what was a special order for them). Now I don't have 260 mile round trips to inspect what comes back from the factory. Best of all, I can return and accept the handgun w/o the need for an FFL. Guess maybe I did what I think best based upon my powers of reasoning and personal preference.

In the end, sorry to have posted anything on here concerning what arrived from Remington in the way of quality of one of the first thousand 1911s that they saw fit to ship.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So did you get a new pistol or what happen? Customer service is big on this forum, please let us know how they handled the situation.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #78

Default It'll be going back on Monday

E-RPC provided the UPS overnight label for the return. I'll post back on the delay in their factory and the outcome of the factory suggestions.

The sort of problems I reported are similar to the attention to finishing details of pre-64 Winchester Model 70s. Prior to 1952 the factory took the time to polish out the surfaces removing machining marks etc. After 1952 they could afford the cost of the labor and so the metal work got rougher.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #79

Quote:
Thank you for your assessment. The deficiencies I described are all cosmetic. The firearm will be on its way to the factory Monday morning for inspection, repair, or replacement.
Quote:
and the metal on the frame near the slide stop looked as though it was erupting.
Yes, the other 2 problems you describe sound like cosmetic issues, but the above quote seems to be a bit alarming...at least to me. This is only Saturday, take some pics before you send it back Monday and post them here so that we may all get a good understanding of what was sent to you.
Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon. No matter what I wouldn't have accepted it and would have worked out something about the deposit.
But we all handle things differently. Good Luck!!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #80

So apparently Remington has a truck driving cross country showing off new products, and what was sitting on the rack??? oh yes two straight off the line 1911R1s guess living near a Remington factory has its perks! anyways I asked the guy who ran the exhibit how much, said they weren't for sale but retail price would be about $700, but local gun stores would drop 100 dollars on the msrp...I have yet to see or even hear about the R1 around here. i don't live in the DEEP south (and Ky isn't bad on gun laws). Any MAJOR release date or do I have to play the waiting game

An Ameture does it until they can get it right, a Pro does it until they can't get it wrong