Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Railed 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Rails are for mall ninja's and glock owners.

There ain't no need to screw up a good 1911 with that crap. OMG I think I need to kick you in the junk NGIB....
Well, since I don't own a Glock (anymore) I guess we know what category that places me in.

It's not often that Tango considers kicking me in the junk - I feel very special now...

Last edited by NGIB; 10-14-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I think the railed 1911's are very nice. Convenient to hold your light at home, etc.

Let's say you need to get up two or three times a night to go pee like you old people do. Just grab the 1911 and flick on the light to guide you. You can take a tactical piss!! Awesome!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

NM prefix on the Springer serial number, isn't that made in Brazil?

IMHO, illumination on handgun is like a big sign saying "here I am, over here!". Hence, I have no use for the "rail". If I need to work with a flashlight, I probably would use the "old school" LEO overhold technique that I was taught years (eons?) ago.

I was a tanker, and back in the day, we would illuminate the target with white light, but shoot from another blacked out tank. The illumination would be for 1 -2 seconds and then we would move after the lights went out. Tactically with the pistol a one second flashlight pulse followed by a double tap and a move to other cover seems to be the deal. I dont think one needs a light on a rail to do that, but....I'm certainly no expert.

That being said, to each his own.

cheers!

Last edited by crockett007; 10-14-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett007 View Post
NM prefix on the Springer serial number, isn't that made in Brazil?

IMHO, illumination on handgun is like a big sign saying "here I am, over here!". Hence, I have no use for the "rail". If I need to work with a flashlight, I probably would use the "old school" LEO overhold technique that I was taught years (eons?) ago.

I was a tanker, and back in the day, we would illuminate the target with white light, but shoot from another blacked out tank. The illumination would be for 1 -2 seconds and then we would move after the lights went out. Tactically with the pistol a one second flashlight pulse followed by a double tap and a move to other cover seems to be the deal. I dont think one needs a light on a rail to do that, but....I'm certainly no expert.

That being said, to each his own.

cheers!
I'm trying to figure out why you like to jump in on my posts and be mildly insulting. Have I offended you in a past life?

All Springers begin life in Brazil and this has been covered on FTF before. The NM prefixed serial numbers just represent the guns that had the majority of the assembly done here in the US and they don't have Brazil stamped anywhere on them.

If you don't like railed guns, fine, why post anything in the thread? I'm not a huge fan myself - but it's something I don't have so why not as I can afford it...

Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #15

Liked 1083 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

I think that is a great looking weapon, love the rail. Maybe you don't need a rail but whats the negative to having one?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You need to make up your mind NGIB. What is this, your third possible choice?? Do I need to change your screen name to Jiro the II??

I don't like the rail. You need a special holster, should you decide to carry it. I had one on my H&K, and I bought the Surelight to put on there, and then I was like Ha HaH!!

Well....

That was anti-climatic....

I think with the TRP, you have a great gun, but you are paying A LOT for the name.

And Adjustable Night Sights?? You?? WTF?

JD

Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #17

The long slide is on the way and this another new toy I really don't need...

Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's a pretty sweet railed gun...

Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slawth View Post
Here's a pretty sweet railed gun...

Do they make a holster for it horsehide is preferred, but cowhide is ok too.

But seriously, who here can shoot better one-handed than with two?!?! Alright, then why NOT have a rail-light on your home-defense gun? I mean, it' staying at home, right? You should have other weapons that you can carry on you. Like a Colt Combat Commander...

Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #20

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I'm trying to figure out why you like to jump in on my posts and be mildly insulting. Have I offended you in a past life?

All Springers begin life in Brazil and this has been covered on FTF before. The NM prefixed serial numbers just represent the guns that had the majority of the assembly done here in the US and they don't have Brazil stamped anywhere on them.

If you don't like railed guns, fine, why post anything in the thread? I'm not a huge fan myself - but it's something I don't have so why not as I can afford it...
Sir,

I apologize for having offended you. I was just asking if the pistol was made in Brazil. I wasn't implying that it was somehow inferior or that you had made a bad choice.

I can see that you could get the impression of vailed criticism from these comments. Thanks for pointing it out, and I will correct it.

Again please accept my sincere apology. I look forward to being a productive member of these boards in the future.

regards,

Steve