Question: RIA Tactical or Springfield A1- GI ??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Question: RIA Tactical or Springfield A1- GI ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvharris23 View Post
Perhaps the link that I posted (first post) has an incorrect picture for the model that it describes....
The pic is definitely wrong. The GI model has vertical serrations only on the rear of the slide, and also lacks the lowered and flared ejection port shown on that model, as well as the beavertail safety that you want. The Mil Spec model improves on the ejection port and the sights, but for the beavertail safety, you'll have to go up to the Loaded model. Pics of all three included so you can compare for yourself.
sa1911gi.jpg   sa1911milspec.jpg   sa1911loaded.jpg  
Ruger Mk III Competition
S&W M&P 9 Pro Series
East German Makarov PM

Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

the "Loaded" model would be a dream to own. I might save up for the loaded model, but once I get into the loaded model's price range, is the Springfield still the best choice ? or do other makers such as colt come into play at that price range ?