Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   The proud owner of a 1911!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/proud-owner-1911-a-18098/)

feedsasquatch 09-15-2009 11:46 PM

The proud owner of a 1911!!!

5 Attachment(s)
So I did it. I bought a Colt Combat Commander. It was used, but has just about everything imaginable added to it, and was only $895 after it was all said and done. Here's the pics everyone's going to want:D

feedsasquatch 09-15-2009 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another picture

Jo da Plumbr 09-15-2009 11:49 PM

Congratulations,

Congratulations,

Congratulations,

Dillinger 09-15-2009 11:49 PM

Wow! I didn't know a Colt could look that good. Obviously it has aftermarket love on it. *baiting Cane* :cool:

Good looking pistol 'Squatch. Looks like it's been well maintained for a used gun. No tell tale sophomore scratch in the frame. :rolleyes:

Love the grips. And you have a National Match Barrel, so it should shoot like a laser.

I am looking forward to seeing your impressions shooting a 1911 instead of the tupperware. :D

Congratulations!! Welcome to the Fraternity!

JD

feedsasquatch 09-16-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 160296)
Wow! I didn't know a Colt could look that good. Obviously it has aftermarket love on it. *baiting Cane* :cool:

Good looking pistol 'Squatch. Looks like it's been well maintained for a used gun. No tell tale sophomore scratch in the frame. :rolleyes:

Love the grips. And you have a National Match Barrel, so it should shoot like a laser.

I am looking forward to seeing your impressions shooting a 1911 instead of the tupperware. :D

Congratulations!! Welcome to the Fraternity!

JD

Thanks Dillinger. It's been a long journey, but I think I ended up with a good gun. Hopefully I chose well getting this instead of the Kimber Ultra CDP. I know I'm going to like this more than my Glock. I shot my cousin's 70 series Gov't model, and it was love at first shot. This should be even better. I wonder when I can make it to the range this week, too bad I don't have any vacation time left this year, I could use some this week. Hmmm, I think I feel the swine flu coming on *cough cough*:D

NGIB 09-16-2009 12:09 AM

Welcome to the club and your first (probably not last) 1911. It looks read good and I think you'll like the fiber-optic sight. I have one on my S&W and I really like it for pin shoots. Good choice... Congrats...

Dillinger 09-16-2009 12:10 AM

I like your thinking 'Squatch. Nobody wants a sick person coming in these days. ;)

I think you will really enjoy the way the 1911 trigger breaks and how much easier it is to get your rounds on target. Everyone I have taught to shoot, who has tried a 1911, loves the 1911. :D

Looking forward to your first range report.

JD

ktmboyz 09-16-2009 12:39 AM

Congratulations on a fine looking piece :cool:

lonyaeger 09-16-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedsasquatch (Post 160294)
another picture

Beautiful....great choice! Welcome to the 1911 fraternity. Get ready for some "hazing!" It's what we do, so have a thick skin and a good sense of humor.

feedsasquatch 09-16-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 160343)
Beautiful....great choice! Welcome to the 1911 fraternity. Get ready for some "hazing!" It's what we do, so have a thick skin and a good sense of humor.

That's alright, I've been a proud Glock owner since May, and have received nothing but grief from 1911 owners since ;0)