Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > price advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
i the champion was the model i'm not sure in the differences of the gi, mil-spec, or loaded...i was just lookin for a 4" stainless, non bull barrel i believe....basically i'm tryin to make it look like this one here
When it comes to Springfield, "Champion" is a size. It's the equivalent of "Commander" when it comes to Colt.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5635 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4721

Ya know, you can "customize" a Glock with a soldering iron, just melt off what you don't like. One of the many advantages of teh tupperware.
I keed.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Ya know, you can "customize" a Glock with a soldering iron, just melt off what you don't like. One of the many advantages of teh tupperware.
I keed.
haha niice....the only tupperware i need tho is the one to hold my food

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

You might end up with worse trying do-it-yourself custom work on a 1911.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #15

worse what? like i said i'm not doing it alone...a friend of mine has done a few custom 1911 builds that have come out great and is gonna help me with this one...plus i'm gonna first practice on my neranco with him to get alil hands on before we work on the champion

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #16

and no matter what anyone says my full size neranco is a GREAT gun...never had a single problem with it....no failure to feed, no failure to eject, no stovepiping....it's had over 5000 rounds through it from me personally...and the orginial owner before me never fired it lol but it's a great gun

Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhero82 View Post
worse what? like i said i'm not doing it alone...a friend of mine has done a few custom 1911 builds that have come out great and is gonna help me with this one...plus i'm gonna first practice on my neranco with him to get alil hands on before we work on the champion
Sounds like you're on the right track then.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #18

i know i can't wait

Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #19

now if i could just find a 4" stainless steel springfield champion for sale hopefully between $600 and $800 lol

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #20

For the price, Norinco makes pretty darn good 1911's actually so I don't think anyone is gonna give you static there.

If the gun in the pic is one you're seriously considering, you might get a lot of lee-way since it has been bobbed. Just because a modification is appealing to the owner, does not mean it will increase the resale value. Kinda like putting a bunch of whiz bang crap on a Honda Accord. In the case of grinding the butt off a 1911, in reality it most likely decreased the real world resale value.

For example, you could buy a bone stock GI for 5 bills and add a thousand more in parts and work. If it is ever stolen, try to get your homeowner's or renter's insurance to cut you a check for $1500.00. I bet they won't.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-