Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   price advice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/price-advice-24713/)

unknownhero82 03-15-2010 07:26 PM

price advice

hoping to buy a 4" springfeild armory champion...what would be a decent price for one? i've heard everything from $500 to $1200...so help me out you guys :) all advice is welcome

ThorsHammer 03-15-2010 07:38 PM

Gun Broker can be your best friend!

GunBroker.com - Search Results: springfield armory champion

NGIB 03-15-2010 07:45 PM

The Champion comes in different models just like the full-size guns do. You'll have the GI, the Mil-Spec, the Loaded, etc.

They are priced accordingly...

amoroque 03-15-2010 07:46 PM

I found one with Stainless finish for $1050 MSRP new. I also found one for $1011 MSRP new with Olive drab frame and Armory Kote Slide.
I usually find that gun shops around here offer them for about 80 to 85 percent of MSRP.

So I would say you can pick up a new one for the $800 to $900 range.

unknownhero82 03-15-2010 08:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 249158)
The Champion comes in different models just like the full-size guns do. You'll have the GI, the Mil-Spec, the Loaded, etc.

They are priced accordingly...

i the champion was the model:confused: i'm not sure in the differences of the gi, mil-spec, or loaded...i was just lookin for a 4" stainless, non bull barrel i believe....basically i'm tryin to make it look like this one here

unknownhero82 03-15-2010 08:03 PM

but i'm gonna do the custom stuff myself so i just need the basic 4" model to start with

NGIB 03-15-2010 08:06 PM

The one in your picture is at least a Loaded model and it has a bull barrel. Someone also did a bob job on it as I don't think Springer builds a bobtail gun itself. I have never seen a Champion that didn't have a bull barrel. I had an older Springer from the mid-80s that had a 4 inch bushed barrel but I've never seen another like it.

Are you aware of the specialized tools and jigs required to do all the custom work on a 1911???

unknownhero82 03-15-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 249180)
The one in your picture is at least a Loaded model and it has a bull barrel. Someone also did a bob job on it as I don't think Springer builds a bobtail gun itself. I have never seen a Champion that didn't have a bull barrel. I had an older Springer from the mid-80s that had a 4 inch bushed barrel but I've never seen another like it.

yeah the bob job is custom done by the owner...as was the sight groove on top...and the trigger, sights, slide release and thumb safety lol...ok then i'm looking for a bull barrel :D

what makes it a loaded?

NGIB 03-15-2010 08:28 PM

My last piece of advice is to really study the 1911 platform before embarking on a custom build. It took me years of owning them to get comfortable just tinkering with them and even I haven't attempted my own build...

unknownhero82 03-15-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 249189)
My last piece of advice is to really study the 1911 platform before embarking on a custom build. It took me years of owning them to get comfortable just tinkering with them and even I haven't attempted my own build...

yeah i know what you mean...i've owned a few...i've done minor custom work i.e trigger, drop in beavertail safety hammer, sear and disconnector...and soon as i order some parts i'm gonna get alil more custom experince on my non carry fullsize neranco...i'm gonna install a non drop in beavertail, and a new mainspring housing....a friend of mine that has done a few custom builds is gonna help me out and basically guide me through it :D i'm pretty excited about it