Popped my 1911 cherry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Popped my 1911 cherry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Unless it's going to be an unfired safe queen, don't sweat it. Shoot it and enjoy it.
THAT's the attitude!! Take that sumbeeyotch out and have fun with it. My carry gun is rusted in a couple places because the damned thing is swapping sweat with Big Jim & The Twins pretty much any time I'd dressed. If I ever have to use it for a photo shoot, something has gone terribly wrong.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
I,LL SAY ONE THING YOU STARTED with the best there is......
Kimbers are good, no doubt about it. But I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say they're the best.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6724 Times on 3580 Posts
Likes Given: 504

i only have one gun i care about love marks on. its my winchester super express in .458 win mag. its got a deep blued finish. im super careful with that rifle. all my other weapons so far are parkerized or have some sort of tough finish and are meant for rough use. they all have marks of use and they all look like they have been well loved and used.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #14

Default cherry popper for sure

took my sa ultra compact to local gunsmith to have ambi saftey installed, he had my gun for 14 weeks, said he had to have special tool to put back spring in, and it would not take the ambi saftey. 6 weeks later still no gun, told me he took it to another gunsmith at well known retailer. 3 more weeks went by no gun, finaly i said if it cant be fixed bring it home i would give it a good burial at home, 2 weeks later got my gun in my hands almost cried it had punch marks and grooves all around the saftey an slide release. to make a long story short. picked up the proper ambi saftey at gun show installed myself no problems no special tools no new ugly marks. be carefull as to who works on your stuff. this guy had to be high an blind to do what he did

Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm531 View Post
took my sa ultra compact to local gunsmith to have ambi saftey installed, he had my gun for 14 weeks, said he had to have special tool to put back spring in, and it would not take the ambi saftey. 6 weeks later still no gun, told me he took it to another gunsmith at well known retailer. 3 more weeks went by no gun, finaly i said if it cant be fixed bring it home i would give it a good burial at home, 2 weeks later got my gun in my hands almost cried it had punch marks and grooves all around the saftey an slide release. to make a long story short. picked up the proper ambi saftey at gun show installed myself no problems no special tools no new ugly marks. be carefull as to who works on your stuff. this guy had to be high an blind to do what he did
and how did that work out for you? did he fix the situation

Old 11-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #16

Default cherry popper for sure

not to good,he said it was the other guy, the other guy said he never saw the gun, so what to do, had to do the ambi mod myself, all i heard was praise for the man from alot of people even local law officers, untill i took mine to him(by the way i bought the gun from him used less than50 rds fired) then it was oh s--t you did it now , as i say what to do, my own work, the gun is stainless what finish would stay on iy and hide some ugly???