Parts for prewar Ace

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Parts for prewar Ace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Parts for prewar Ace

I could use some advice on finding parts for my nickel plated prewar Ace. I need an extractor and a magazine. I've tried First and Numrich.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5690 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

i assume thats the colt ace. did you try colt?? never know less you ask and asking via email is free. they may even point ya at a supplier.

might give these guys a call they seem to have a lot of parts:
http://www.gun-parts.com/colt/

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-22-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Keep an eye on GB for the mag if you need an original. But current Ace mags work just fine.

Check with Gary Thiry and Jack First for an extractor.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #4

Default Prewar Ace

Thanks for the input. I've tried the whole gamut of suppliers, and the problem I have is that so far no one has the original, and I'm getting conflicting information about the compatibility with later models

Old 12-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5690 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

sometimes with rare guns you have to break down and have parts machined from scratch. there werent very many aces made to start with and even less survive till today.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...