Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   1911 Forum (
-   -   Parkerezied? (

JoeBob 09-22-2007 07:06 PM

What does "Parkerezied" mean?:confused:

BLS33 09-22-2007 08:00 PM

It is a method of protecting steel from corrosion through the means of a phosphate coating.

Southern6er 09-24-2007 03:07 PM

You will see it on a lot of military surplus, like the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine.

JoeBob 11-01-2007 10:41 PM

Sounds like a good plan. Why aren't they all parkerezied? Nobody likes corrosion.:)

matt g 11-02-2007 12:52 AM

It's just one type of finish. It is usually used on military weapons, because it is inexpensive. It doesn't look as nice as a good high gloss bluing job and it isn't as corrosion resistant either.

henryk 11-02-2007 02:10 PM

Phosphate process is just not as good as bluing. It does an adequate job in the Oil & Gas Industry but not so hot when used on firearms.

Tex in Maine 12-23-2007 01:28 AM

Glock uses a black parkerizing on the slides of there weapons. it is just another process used to protect a firearm.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.