Para LDA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Para LDA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sarge - for the record, I don't think there is anything "wrong" with their product - just their practices as a company.

For what it's worth...

JD

Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have 1-the tiny 3" barreled version. It's 1 of my main carry guns for CCW. Para-Ordnance has the BEST DAO of all the DAOs-IF you're looking for an DAO. Mine has been boringly reliable with ANYTHING I feed it. I have both traditional 1911s, and Para LDA.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I am looking for something "different" in a 1911, and this seems to fit the bill. I'm keeping my eyes open, because I am undecided on whether I want to purchase a full size or a compact.

I have yet to feel a better DAO trigger then the LDA.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #14

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I am looking for something "different" in a 1911, and this seems to fit the bill. I'm keeping my eyes open, because I am undecided on whether I want to purchase a full size or a compact.

I have yet to feel a better DAO trigger then the LDA.
SGT, you have a government 5", you should add a commander size to your1911 section. Go with an alloy receiver for weight reduction.

cane

JMB

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 AM   #15

I own a kimber 1911 and a para lda 45/14. Both are great guns and good shooters. Bet you will like that para after you shoot it. Mine has a great trigger.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The problem is I have to track down a compact version around my area...lol. They don't stay on the shelves for too long.

It seems like Para, Springfield, and Ruger all fly off the shelves here with a quickness (that says something).

No lie, just about the only thing left on the shelves in one of the gun stores I frequent is Glocks (not kidding either - I think Glockmania has died here........new Glocks are still on the shelves and the pawn stores are seeing alot more Glocks being pawned in).

Once I can get my hands around a compact LDA I'll be able to decide if I really want it or not.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hey SgtMiller, try these- http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php
http://www.galleryofguns.com/

Old 01-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the links. I'll check into it.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #19

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
The problem is I have to track down a compact version around my area...lol. They don't stay on the shelves for too long.

It seems like Para, Springfield, and Ruger all fly off the shelves here with a quickness (that says something).

No lie, just about the only thing left on the shelves in one of the gun stores I frequent is Glocks (not kidding either - I think Glockmania has died here........new Glocks are still on the shelves and the pawn stores are seeing alot more Glocks being pawned in).

Once I can get my hands around a compact LDA I'll be able to decide if I really want it or not.
SGT, here’s a heads-up on firearm purchases. I have a class 3 FFL dealer I have been using for sometime now. (No, I don’t get kick-backs) http://www.personaldefensefirearms.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Ed Patton of Patton Enterprises, epatton@wctel.net or (864) 378-4619 is a great guy that will go out of his way delivering customer satisfaction!

You should know his site posts a small amount of offerings but his inventory and supply runs deep.

Once you find that ‘perfect’ firearm, send Ed an email (or call him), tell him one of his satisfied customers provided you with his contact info and ask him what he can do for you.
I got my mouse gun from him after tumbling onto his site during my low price search for the Defender. Most outlets were out of stock but he had three Defenders on his shelf. Here’s what really impressed me, after deciding to push the go button on the purchase and in my OCD style I asked him what the S/Ns were on the three guns. This was on a Sunday evening, he went down and opened his shop, and in less than an hour I had picked the one I wanted and he had it packed/ready to go at first light Monday.

Wow, and the real kicker; his price was the lowest; there was no up-charge for credit card use and free shipping to my FFL for transfer!

Do your self and anyone reading this a favor and after conducting your due diligence search for that perfect gun, give Ed a call or email.

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #20

Quote:

I have one in stock I could sell you. I was just thinking about putting up for sale for $850.00. Go to my website then go to pistols. Its; www.rimrockfirearms.com