Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Para LDA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/para-lda-9713/)

SGT-MILLER 01-06-2009 11:21 PM

Para LDA
 
Got a chance to fondle one of these today, and I like it.

I've never felt a DA trigger that was as smooth and light. I'm thinking I'm going to get one of these so I can have a 1911 that is a little different in my collection.

I was told I can have the one I was looking at for 890 dollars. Need input. Is that a decent deal, or should I laugh and point?

The LDA I was looking at was the Tec-Forty model (Hi-Capacity).

matt g 01-06-2009 11:50 PM

For $900, you can get a nice, traditional SA 1911. I'm not a fan of the LDA myself, but if you liked it and have the cash, buy it.

Funny how one can go from a staunch High Point supporter to a 1911 collector in a matter of a couple weeks. :D

SGT-MILLER 01-06-2009 11:57 PM

Right now for 900 dollars I can get 2 SA 1911s...lol.

A 400 dollars Auto-Ordnance 1911A1, and a Thompson 1911 that I can get a deal on for 500 dollars.

I just don't have the cash.....lol. Plus I already have a SA 1911. The only other SA 1911 I want is a "loaded" model with lots of bells and whistles.

Tax return season is almost upon me, so I can't wait...lol.

canebrake 01-07-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 60169)
Got a chance to fondle one of these today, and I like it.

I've never felt a DA trigger that was as smooth and light. I'm thinking I'm going to get one of these so I can have a 1911 that is a little different in my collection.

I was told I can have the one I was looking at for 890 dollars. Need input. Is that a decent deal, or should I laugh and point?

The LDA I was looking at was the Tec-Forty model (Hi-Capacity).

Haa haa hee haa SGT it dont got one of dem hammr thingies?

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...1540Sphoto.jpg

got no bever ither

cane :D

matt g 01-07-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 60186)
Haa haa hee haa SGT it dont got one of dem hammr thingies?

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...1540Sphoto.jpg

got no bever ither

cane :D

It also has one of those scary looking triggers that have massive take up, then massive creep before they break.

canebrake 01-07-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 60188)
It also has one of those scary looking triggers that have massive take up, then massive creep before they break.

See SGT, matt says they break.

Don't do it.

Call the 'Don't buy a Para Hotline' for help.

cane

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...ACP/pingo2.gif

Dillinger 01-07-2009 12:11 AM

Here's my one little pet peeve about Para -

They are a Canadian company,

that makes firearms,

that they can't/don't sell to people in their own country,

And they have made NO ATTEMPTS to help empower our neighbors to the North with the ability to own one.

That seems just a little bit hypocritical to me.

But, almost all of my stuff is all made in the USA, except for that damn H&K I am still trying to figure what to do with? :rolleyes:

JD

matt g 01-07-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 60193)
Here's my one little pet peeve about Para -

They are a Canadian company,

that makes firearms,

that they can't/don't sell to people in their own country,

And they have made NO ATTEMPTS to help empower our neighbors to the North with the ability to own one.

That seems just a little bit hypocritical to me.

But, almost all of my stuff is all made in the USA, except for that damn H&K I am still trying to figure what to do with? :rolleyes:

JD

The same could be said for Kimber though. Even the Cali spec models come with a big sticker on them that says "NOT FOR SALE IN NY".

Dillinger 01-07-2009 12:53 AM

That's a good point, but Kimber also donates a lot of money to orgs that fight gun laws and they do sponsor youth shooting/hunting.

I see your point - but at least people in the same country that the dollar earned comes from can buy their product.

Nobody in Canada can buy Para's gear unless they are a LEO. :mad:

SGT-MILLER 01-07-2009 01:06 AM

I'm going to try one out at the range first before I make my final decision.

I am also looking at a really nice S&W 1911 they have there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.