Para Black Ops - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Para Black Ops

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
limbkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: georgetown,ky
Posts: 1,320
Liked 930 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Default

A para over a Colt? Have you lost your mind? Your gun but what a mistake. A rattling Colt will out shoot a Para. I know Cane what you mean.

__________________

USMC 74-78

limbkiller is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,086
Liked 862 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You would pick a Para over a............never mind.

You were going to say Glock right?
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller
A para over a Colt? Have you lost your mind? Your gun but what a mistake. A rattling Colt will out shoot a Para. I know Cane what you mean.
See, the thing is, is didn't ask what you think I should buy, if you are gonna comment try to stay on topic, k? Cane knows I don't give a crap about his opinion so I'm not sure why he even offers his input. If I wanted a Colt, the title of the thread would have had Colt in it, but obviously I don't so next time you interject try to stay on the subject, k?
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022

See, the thing is, is didn't ask what you think I should buy, if you are gonna comment try to stay on topic, k? Cane knows I don't give a crap about his opinion so I'm not sure why he even offers his input. If I wanted a Colt, the title of the thread would have had Colt in it, but obviously I don't so next time you interject try to stay on the subject, k?
Dang if you didn't want opinions you should stay of the internet. Seriously courtesy is a good thing to have anywhere.
__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex

Dang if you didn't want opinions you should stay of the internet. Seriously courtesy is a good thing to have anywhere.
Courtesy is not putting down everyone else's choices such as our moderator does. Like I said, he knows I don't care for his opinion so why stir the pot? Thank for your guidance though counselor.
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Self deleting this post due to rudeness.

__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.


Last edited by Garadex; 11-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Garadex is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Albuquerque,New Mexico
Posts: 138
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The thing is.........the original 1911A1 design is loose fit, and rattles. That's one of the reasons it is(when properly built) one of the most reliable pistols. The reason the Colt rattles, is...........it is supposed to! Also, the original 1911A1 design is MEANT to be hand fit(hand labor is how they did it in the days). I may be wrong, but Colt still does some hand fitting. Do I like tight fit, super target 1911s? Sure do, but any reliability problem on account of fitting or mass production is NOT a design flaw, because technically, those are not being built "right". I would still choose a Colt over most 1911s.

Rant over

__________________
Tidalforce79 is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79
The thing is.........the original 1911A1 design is loose fit, and rattles. That's one of the reasons it is(when properly built) one of the most reliable pistols. The reason the Colt rattles, is...........it is supposed to! Also, the original 1911A1 design is MEANT to be hand fit(hand labor is how they did it in the days). I may be wrong, but Colt still does some hand fitting. Do I like tight fit, super target 1911s? Sure do, but any reliability problem on account of fitting or mass production is NOT a design flaw, because technically, those are not being built "right". I would still choose a Colt over most 1911s.

Rant over
....the a1 is not the original design.
__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Byron0022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 617
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79
The thing is.........the original 1911A1 design is loose fit, and rattles. That's one of the reasons it is(when properly built) one of the most reliable pistols. The reason the Colt rattles, is...........it is supposed to! Also, the original 1911A1 design is MEANT to be hand fit(hand labor is how they did it in the days). I may be wrong, but Colt still does some hand fitting. Do I like tight fit, super target 1911s? Sure do, but any reliability problem on account of fitting or mass production is NOT a design flaw, because technically, those are not being built "right". I would still choose a Colt over most 1911s.

Rant over
Thank you. If our moderator could explain stuff in that manner instead of being a jerk about everything I may welcome his opinion. In all honesty though, one of the reasons I'm looking at the Para is that I don't wanna own the same gun everyone else has. Thanks agin for the info.
__________________
Byron0022 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Para makes a great gun. I own two and ,would like a couple more. The people that get them must really like them. Because you don't see many used Para's on the auction sites.

__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Black dawn or Black rain ordnance rifles. rgbaker77 AR-15 Discussion 28 08-27-2012 08:44 PM
Para Ord SX 45acp (Black/Tan) Cope's Distributing Sponsor Display 0 02-03-2012 01:39 PM
Para Black OPS michigan0626 1911 Forum 12 02-03-2012 02:00 AM
Black Friday Black Rifle Today only Sale! canebrake AR-15 Discussion 1 11-24-2010 09:50 PM
Black teens attack white family, shouting its a black world, "not hate crime" WAREAGLE Politics, Religion and Controversy 64 07-12-2009 08:11 PM