Ordered my first 1911, deciding on grips - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ordered my first 1911, deciding on grips

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerXLT91_05 View Post
Good deal, that's comforting lol mind if I see a little bit of your work?
Sent you a PM.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Yeh I know they are a bit flashy but it was a consideration. I've kinda debated on them partly because the gun has a soft appearance to it and those obviously don't. Olympus you have many good options! As I said I love how easy it is to customize these guns, thanks for showing me some of the possibilities I have.

Guns owned: Phoenix Arms HP22A, Ruger P95, Hi Point 4095ts, Winchester SXP field, Ruger Blackhawk 45LC, Bushmaster Carbon 15, NAA Mini 22lr, Tisas Zig M 1911

Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #23

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Thanks Bart! I'm on several different forms and I'm always surprised to see that I usually get forgotten about. Surprising because I've been around longer than the usual suspects and probably sold more sets of grips than 90% of the other custom makers, including making grips directly for an ultra-high-end 1911 manufacturer.

But I can always count on you to be sure an include me. Not only here, but elsewhere too. It doesn't go unnoticed and it's greatly appreciated!
Thank you sir!!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Check out vz grips. They have very nice grips and some really nice hardware as well. Worth the look.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #25

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Personally... I would not adorn any "defensive" pistol with "Punisher" grips... or "Death Wish" grips... or any grip that glorifies a Hollywood Vigilante.

Should you ever be forced to defend your life with this tool, it will become "evidence", an the chance of an anti-self defense prosecutor, flashing those "evil" looking grips at the jury, is a real concern.

Just my .02 Cents...

Tack
Agree the district attorneys office love's to use anything to make it look like you were looking for a reason to use it.why i never carry reload,s in my carry gun they will try anything to prove you made so called mankiller reload,s. stick with the commercial common look on a carry or may use for home protection and ammo for that role. just my extra cent worths.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21989 Times on 12399 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
Agree the district attorneys office love's to use anything to make it look like you were looking for a reason to use it.why i never carry reload,s in my carry gun they will try anything to prove you made so called mankiller reload,s. stick with the commercial common look on a carry or may use for home protection and ammo for that role. just my extra cent worths.
just out of curiosity, have you any real knowledge that any DA has gone after anyone for their choice of ammo selection for their firearm, or is this simply some type of speculation on your part?

if you have some pertinent information on this, i would like to some sort of links to that information. i'm sure others would as well.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #27

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I must agree with axxe55, while I can see where you're coming from, I would like some factual instances on that. Given that, I do know when they started to really crackdown on street racing (I'm a mechanic and race *not street race*) I think it was California were trying to pass something where if you modified your car at all it would be assumed to be for street racing and they could confiscate it. I say that because I do know it is possible, I would just think that something as simple as grips wouldn't give probably cause to put you behind bars.

Guns owned: Phoenix Arms HP22A, Ruger P95, Hi Point 4095ts, Winchester SXP field, Ruger Blackhawk 45LC, Bushmaster Carbon 15, NAA Mini 22lr, Tisas Zig M 1911

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #28

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
just out of curiosity, have you any real knowledge that any DA has gone after anyone for their choice of ammo selection for their firearm, or is this simply some type of speculation on your part?

if you have some pertinent information on this, i would like to some sort of links to that information. i'm sure others would as well.
YES the da will use anything in some states to convict the self defense shooter, its documented fact that reloads are a bad idea on the street but you can do as ya please ,just know what ccoa has posted and read in guns and ammo a few times. exact examples ?im sure if you look long enough you will find some that the da claimed it was a case of he made mankiller bullets and was with intent to kill well duh, but to a jury???? ide rather be on the side that used what was on shelf and not have that worry .If it says self defense ,personel defense on box , they have no arguement ,never think they cant do something , they want ya they will get ya on anything they can think of.do as ya please, me im sticking with whats on shelf on streets.Fine line between justifiable and prison my freind.jmo.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #29

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Yes- There are MANY MANY reloaders out here ---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #30

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
YES the da will use anything in some states to convict the self defense shooter, its documented fact that reloads are a bad idea on the street but you can do as ya please ,just know what ccoa has posted and read in guns and ammo a few times. exact examples ?im sure if you look long enough you will find some that the da claimed it was a case of he made mankiller bullets and was with intent to kill well duh, but to a jury???? ide rather be on the side that used what was on shelf and not have that worry .If it says self defense ,personel defense on box , they have no arguement ,never think they cant do something , they want ya they will get ya on anything they can think of.do as ya please, me im sticking with whats on shelf on streets.Fine line between justifiable and prison my freind.jmo.
There it is again--WHAT documentation

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Closed Thread