Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Oops!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Oops!

I was at the range today shooting the pistols. I started shooting a SW 1911. After 4 shots the slide jammed about halfway and it seemed to be locked up. After looking it over for a few seconds I noticed that the slide lock pin was missing. Looking around everywhere I saw it laying on the ground a few feet in front of the table. I was at an indoor range so I had the range boss help me and he took it to the onsite gunsmith. He extracted the spent cartridge and inspected it. He determined that when I had cleaned it and put it back together that I had failed to put the slide lock pin in all the way. He showed me the proper way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

That's the way a lot of us learned....

Old 11-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
ET1

That's one way to keep from putting the infamous idiot mark on it. Then again, having the lock/release pin fly off the gun while shooting at the range might have some fellow shooters thinking that the designation still applies, just no tale tale mark left behind.