Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   one more nighthawk on its way home :) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/one-more-nighthawk-its-way-home-71489/)

tacticalfun 08-31-2012 01:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bob marvel .22lr ..couldnt resist...again. will update when she's here.

Attachment 56164

mountainman13 08-31-2012 01:14 AM

Sweeeeet .

tacticalfun 08-31-2012 01:18 AM

Ty sir :).

Dillinger 08-31-2012 01:19 AM

Ooohhhhh, you got it BBBAAADDDDDD!!! LOL

Have you even SHOT the 10MM yet?! Or are you just running willy nilly through the Nighthawk site with reckless abandon. :p

I am looking forward to your report. As we discussed, I have looked at the Bob Marvel .22 conversion on several occasions and pulled out my credit card only to look at that "purchase" button and second guess myself. :o

Looks like there are now TWO Nighthawk Spokesmen here on FTF. I expect you to hold up our reputation and beat back Canebrake at every 1911 turn. ;)

tacticalfun 08-31-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
Ooohhhhh, you got it BBBAAADDDDDD!!! LOL

Have you even SHOT the 10MM yet?! Or are you just running willy nilly through the Nighthawk site with reckless abandon. :p

I am looking forward to your report. As we discussed, I have looked at the Bob Marvel .22 conversion on several occasions and pulled out my credit card only to look at that "purchase" button and second guess myself. :o

Looks like there are now TWO Nighthawk Spokesmen here on FTF. I expect you to hold up our reputation and beat back Canebrake at every 1911 turn. ;)

Lol! The 10 is coming with me to idpa tomorow.. and the nighthawk site is very dangerous!

Dillinger 08-31-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun (Post 922196)
Lol! The 10 is coming with me to idpa tomorow.. and the nighthawk site is very dangerous!

Looking forward to your shooting impressions.

With the full sized, steel, and +P .45, I can stay all in the 8-10 ring at 10 yards doing double taps. That makes JD feel very comfortable knowing that. ;)

I imagine with that 6" all steel long-slide the 10mm will be a mere pup in the barking land of recoil, and should handle like a dream.

And your a bastard for adding a second in less than a week! :p

tacticalfun 08-31-2012 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Looking forward to your shooting impressions.

With the full sized, steel, and +P .45, I can stay all in the 8-10 ring at 10 yards doing double taps. That makes JD feel very comfortable knowing that. ;)

I imagine with that 6" all steel long-slide the 10mm will be a mere pup in the barking land of recoil, and should handle like a dream.

And your a bastard for adding a second in less than a week! :p

Was also fondling this other 10mm today.

Attachment 56167

Dillinger 08-31-2012 01:38 AM

Yeah?

Nooooo. That is not a pistol anyone should actually own unless you have TOO much money. :eek:

tacticalfun 08-31-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Yeah?

Nooooo. That is not a pistol anyone should actually own unless you have TOO much money. :eek:

Lol. I did not buy it. Considering a lady hawk for my other half though

Dillinger 08-31-2012 02:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun (Post 922221)
Lol. I did not buy it. Considering a lady hawk for my other half though

Oh, Lady Hawk is a FORBIDDEN term around here. :mad:

Allow me to demonstrate.....

This is a 9mm Nighthawk Talon II that I ordered from NHC. I asked for slim grips, a slim frame if available, and a beveled mag well for easy reloads. Nighthawk claimed they did not have a "thin frame" Talon II frame when I ordered, but thin grips were not a problem. I also had a trigger job done upon arrival and the weapon was built with an upgraded spring to handle 147 grain +P hollow point ammo.

I ordered this weapon the year before the Lady Hawk was released at SHOT. :rolleyes:

Many of you know I moonlight as an apprentice gunsmith. I designed this weapon for my girl from the ground up to maximize usability, carry-ability and lethality with the 147gr. +P hollow points that must feed reliability.

My gal LOVES this weapon and refuses it to sell it and buy a Lady Hawk because she thinks I am a brilliant gunsmith who set the industry standard that Nighthawk copied.

These pictures are not indicative of how the weapon CURRENTLY looks as she has made a couple of "fashion" upgrades? :eek: