Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > This one is for canebrake, my first 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Nice gun, I like it. Does it come in a threaded barrel model?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #22

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
Nice gun, I like it. Does it come in a threaded barrel model?
I don't think so. All I have seen are the full size and the carry like mine. Both are Identical except for size.

Sure wouldn't mind getting a threaded barrel soon.

Last edited by DodgerBlue; 01-16-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #23

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
Hey frantz, that STX really needs those woods grips! They are in the words of Eric Cartman, "Super Sweet!"

Wonder how they would look on my Scorpion? Can anybody super impose? I have no ideal how to on my mac. Just picked up another 100 rounds of 230gr Winchester for range tomorrow.

AznZohan, The Scorpion has the Cerakote finish that will protect the frame and slide like powder coat does for pool side furniture. I think this gun might take what you dish out.
To be honest bro, I wanted smooth but some texture for drawing purposes. The alumagrips offer both. Smooth in half the grip with textured the other half. And I'm a "black" kinda guy anyways. I think the overall look of mine came out perfect. I would like some black wood grips. Thinking about getting some Wilson combats with the medallion. But ill probably just stick with the alumagrips for awhile.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #24

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
To be honest bro, I wanted smooth but some texture for drawing purposes. The alumagrips offer both. Smooth in half the grip with textured the other half. And I'm a "black" kinda guy anyways. I think the overall look of mine came out perfect. I would like some black wood grips. Thinking about getting some Wilson combats with the medallion. But ill probably just stick with the alumagrips for awhile.
Dont get me wrong, your setup is tight! Real tight, I just loves those grips! When you're ready for next pair of grips hit me with a dollar amount for the Sig wood ones. See if I can get you close to your next pair.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue

Dont get me wrong, your setup is tight! Real tight, I just loves those grips! When you're ready for next pair of grips hit me with a dollar amount for the Sig wood ones. See if I can get you close to your next pair.
Make me an offer bro and they're yours.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy