OK, You Were Right
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

OK, You Were Right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Default OK, You Were Right

1911 are indeed a addicting item. I have had and routinely carry a STI Spartan full size and love it.

But I was thinking, I have 2 .380's, 2 9mm's, 2 Blackhawks (.44 & .45) but only on 1911......

So you know what happened:

Yep, another one had to come home with me, this time a Sig in SS. This one is the commander size, 4.2" barrel. I have only put 2 mags through at work (it is good to work at a shooting range / gun shop) when it came in Thursday. Won't have time to get back and get serious with it for about another week.

The wife is headed into the hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement. Day surgery with a recovery time of only 2 to 4 weeks. Hip replacements have come a long way in the last 10 years.

So, once she is up and about I'll get back to the range and see what this 1911 will do. Initial impression was good but it has large shoes to fill. My STI has a match grade barrel and the smoothest 3.5 lb trigger ever thanks to a friend that is a gunsmith.

1911-carry-stainless-web.jpg  

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.
Dillinger Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #2

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker
1911 are indeed a addicting item. I have had and routinely carry a STI Spartan full size and love it.

But I was thinking, I have 2 .380's, 2 9mm's, 2 Blackhawks (.44 & .45) but only on 1911......

So you know what happened:

Yep, another one had to come home with me, this time a Sig in SS. This one is the commander size, 4.2" barrel. I have only put 2 mags through at work (it is good to work at a shooting range / gun shop) when it came in Thursday. Won't have time to get back and get serious with it for about another week.

The wife is headed into the hospital tomorrow for a hip replacement. Day surgery with a recovery time of only 2 to 4 weeks. Hip replacements have come a long way in the last 10 years.

So, once she is up and about I'll get back to the range and see what this 1911 will do. Initial impression was good but it has large shoes to fill. My STI has a match grade barrel and the smoothest 3.5 lb trigger ever thanks to a friend that is a gunsmith.
Very nice Sig. Hope your wifes surgery goes well.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #3

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Thanks FH00. Wife's surgery went extremely well. Admitted Monday morning, total hip done at noon, discharged from hospital Tuesday at 3pm.

Damn, I worked in medicine for a total of 37 years, always in labs, managing 7 labs scattered around the Boston area for the last 10 years of my career. I remember when a hip replacement took hours to do (this one was 90 min and used no blood) and used 6 to 8 units of blood and you were in the hosp for 10 - 12 days. Good I love technology.

So, if everything goes well, maybe I'll get that new Sig to the range Thursday morning. There are 300 rounds just waiting to go to down range.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #4

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker
Thanks FH00. Wife's surgery went extremely well. Admitted Monday morning, total hip done at noon, discharged from hospital Tuesday at 3pm.

Damn, I worked in medicine for a total of 37 years, always in labs, managing 7 labs scattered around the Boston area for the last 10 years of my career. I remember when a hip replacement took hours to do (this one was 90 min and used no blood) and used 6 to 8 units of blood and you were in the hosp for 10 - 12 days. Good I love technology.

So, if everything goes well, maybe I'll get that new Sig to the range Thursday morning. There are 300 rounds just waiting to go to down range.
Great to hear that your wifes surgery went well!! It's incredible on how technology has change medicine and surgery!! Next report should be a range report.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Excellent news on the wife Biker!! Congrats on what appears to be another fine addition to the safe as well.

The 1911 is an addiction you never see coming, and then BAM! Your safe is crawling with them, your wallet has been plundered and your credit cards are missing.

Newest Threads