Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > OK Guys, so how did I do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Nice snag Linda!

I likes me some Ithacas!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-31-2010, 01:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
I also saw one of the TALO Ghost Commander specials, if I remember right, it was serial number 00102. A shop from Lubbock with a booth at the show had it. It was $995.00. It was sweet, it is a lightweight commander. They didn't have anything with it showing that it was a special edition or anything.
0480XSENNC Colt Ghost Commander

The new 0480XSENNC Colt Ghost Commander is built on the lightweight Commander frame with a green fiber optic front sight and half moon rear sight!

Fantastic new limited edition Colt from Talo. The special run is limited to 400.

They are going for >$1100, I think you should snap that one up too. With only 400 made its sure to appreciate!

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Nice snag Linda!

I likes me some Ithacas!

Isn't there a story to go with that one?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What can I say guys... she's a keeper.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Isn't there a story to go with that one?
Yep, and thanks for askin' Rusty!

Dad's M1911 A1 carried from Normandy 6/6/1944 to Dachau in April 1945.

The American VII Corps, which began to debark on UTAH at 0630 included my Dad in the spearhead landing. (First boots on Utah)

4th Division troops behind a concrete wall on Utah Beach

The assaulting troops quickly took the upper hand and within three hours the enemy force defending the beach had surrendered and Allied troops and supplies were moving inland. In all, some 23,000 men came ashore at UTAH that day.

Many men distinguished themselves that morning, among them the 4th Division's Assistant Division Commander, Brig. Gen. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. Going ashore with the first wave, Roosevelt contributed materially to the success of his forces by personally reconnoitering the area inland from the beach. He then returned to the beachhead time and again, without concern for his own life, to lead groups of his men over a seawall through enemy fire to safety. He earned a Medal of Honor for his gallantry.

His 45 was fired numerous times during his European Holiday but the one he spent in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany produced his only confirmed kill. (Not his only one, it's just that no one counts when in battle)

He was rummag.......ah........inspecting a drawer in a desk at a forward German Pay Post with his 45 held overhead when a German Officer came out of a closet drawing his Luger. If he had taken it out prior to exiting the closet this story may have been told in German! (And the whole coming out of the closet story is not a pun!)

The resulting firefight was one 45 ACP round and a loud thud as the German returned to the closet.

Sorry for the thread-jacking.

- orangello

Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Yep, and thanks for askin' Rusty!

Dad's M1911 A1 carried from Normandy 6/6/1944 to Dachau in April 1945.

The American VII Corps, which began to debark on UTAH at 0630 included my Dad in the spearhead landing. (First boots on Utah)

4th Division troops behind a concrete wall on Utah Beach

The assaulting troops quickly took the upper hand and within three hours the enemy force defending the beach had surrendered and Allied troops and supplies were moving inland. In all, some 23,000 men came ashore at UTAH that day.

Many men distinguished themselves that morning, among them the 4th Division's Assistant Division Commander, Brig. Gen. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. Going ashore with the first wave, Roosevelt contributed materially to the success of his forces by personally reconnoitering the area inland from the beach. He then returned to the beachhead time and again, without concern for his own life, to lead groups of his men over a seawall through enemy fire to safety. He earned a Medal of Honor for his gallantry.

His 45 was fired numerous times during his European Holiday but the one he spent in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany produced his only confirmed kill. (Not his only one, it's just that no one counts when in battle)

He was rummag.......ah........inspecting a drawer in a desk at a forward German Pay Post with his 45 held overhead when a German Officer came out of a closet drawing his Luger. If he had taken it out prior to exiting the closet this story may have been told in German! (And the whole coming out of the closet story is not a pun!)

The resulting firefight was one 45 ACP round and a loud thud as the German returned to the closet.

Sorry for the thread-jacking.
I love hearing stories like that. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer