Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Novak cut sights? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/novak-cut-sights-104076/)

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-16-2014 02:47 PM

Novak cut sights?
 
1 Attachment(s)
So I got a Citadel a month ago, I still can't find the right replacement sights . I'm looking for the Trijicon HD sights. I have gone to at least 10-12 LGS's and can't get a straight answer on the ones that will fit. Half of the gunsmiths are telling me that they just have to take them off and measure them because there's three types of Novak cuts out there. Then I'm stuck paying their retail price on the sights, Attachment 136390which is $50-60 more than internet prices. Not to mention $90-120 to put them on. Does any one have a Citadel with the Trijicon HD sights, and what model number actually fits the closest. I'm aware that it will still take a little bit of gun smithing to get them to fit.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Axxe55 02-16-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1507882)
So I got a Citadel a month ago, I still can't find the right replacement sights . I'm looking for the Trijicon HD sights. I have gone to at least 10-12 LGS's and can't get a straight answer on the ones that will fit. Half of the gunsmiths are telling me that they just have to take them off and measure them because there's three types of Novak cuts out there. Then I'm stuck paying their retail price on the sights, Attachment 136390which is $50-60 more than internet prices. Not to mention $90-120 to put them on. Does any one have a Citadel with the Trijicon HD sights, and what model number actually fits the closest. I'm aware that it will still take a little bit of gun smithing to get them to fit.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

IIRC, there was a member here that had one of those and he wanted different sights on it. i'll see if i can find it and link here for you to read up on.

JonM 02-16-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1507882)
So I got a Citadel a month ago, I still can't find the right replacement sights . I'm looking for the Trijicon HD sights. I have gone to at least 10-12 LGS's and can't get a straight answer on the ones that will fit. Half of the gunsmiths are telling me that they just have to take them off and measure them because there's three types of Novak cuts out there. Then I'm stuck paying their retail price on the sights, Attachment 136390which is $50-60 more than internet prices. Not to mention $90-120 to put them on. Does any one have a Citadel with the Trijicon HD sights, and what model number actually fits the closest. I'm aware that it will still take a little bit of gun smithing to get them to fit.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

just send it off to trijicon and have done with it.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_BNTNS.php

Quote:

Yes, Trijicon can install our replacement sights on weapons listed in our price sheet. If your handgun is a Semi-automatic you only need to send in the slide. Only the frame needs to be sent for Revolvers. Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-338-0563 for shipping instructions and pricing information or submit a Return Authorization Request by clicking here.
just tell em what you want and they will install the appropriate sight for you and it will work no mucking around. i would start by contacting trijicon customer service.

Gatoragn 02-16-2014 04:05 PM

I bought a fiber optic front sight off Fusion Firearms website, took the sight and the slide off my Rock Island to a local smith and had it installed.

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-17-2014 06:17 AM

Thanks for the input gents, I contacted Trijicon directly and I'll update with the answer.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-19-2014 01:02 AM

Novak cut sights?
 
Trijicon wrote me back and said they don't make sights for it yet. They said they will add it to the parts request list to make in the future. B.S! They said that Citadel has the only Novak cut of its kind. That sucks! No one makes them


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

JonM 02-19-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 (Post 1509959)
Trijicon wrote me back and said they don't make sights for it yet. They said they will add it to the parts request list to make in the future. B.S! They said that Citadel has the only Novak cut of its kind. That sucks! No one makes them


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Least you didn't waste money going to gunsmiths...

Least they took the time to explain why which helps you in not ordering from other vendors.

Sgt_Skrb_25 02-19-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1509965)
Least you didn't waste money going to gunsmiths...

Least they took the time to explain why which helps you in not ordering from other vendors.




I know , I appreciate that they told me.


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.